Florida Gator Hunt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to do a gator hunt someday!

One question, did you get to keep the hide and the meat. Or was the cost of this hunt just for the hunt and the guide got to keep the gator to sale?? I wanna go, but only if I can keep the gator. Many gator guides keep and sale the gator.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story, and even greater pics! That looks like it would be a real blast. Courious myself if you got to keep the meat and hides. There's a pair of cowboots in the making right there. :D

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes we kept the meat, to have it processed is $15 a foot. Our Guide asked us if we wanted to help skin and precess the meat, we of course said yes. After it was done, he only charged us $10 a foot since we helped. I am having the belly hide tanned and a neck mount. Neck mount is mounted on a piece of wood that looks like swamp water, the head looks like he's coming out to the water with mouth open. You can't have the back of the Gator tanned, cause it's all bone under it. What you do is, cut it off and put it in a bucket and let it decompose. Then what you have are what they call scoots. they look like sanddollars with a ridge on them. Short answer. You pay $850 for Guide fee's and $50 for tag, and you can do what ever you want with the Gator. It's yours to have precessed there or you can take it home and do it here.
I have pictures of the 1st mate's patch and pictures of the scoots on my phone. I have no idea how to transfer them to here or photobucket. I can text them to you, just PM me with your number. The patch is something to see.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's a smart phone just get the photobucket app and just upload them to your account.

BTW thanks for posting this. Looks like a great time.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks..^^^^Old Fart, a drunk monkey has more computer skills then I do. Mine's not a smart phone, not sure what it is but it's definitely not smart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom