Florida sniper shoots, kills bank robber holding hostages through computer monitor: Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda makes me wonder what bullet he was using to pass through without affecting the projectile.
One news article I saw mentioned they were using specific projectiles designed to pass through intermediate barriers

Probably just your run of the mill .308 soft point or “ballistic tip” projectiles lol

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just guessing and I have absolutely no LE experience, so this is more a question than a theory. But I wonder if....

A) the flashbang was just in case there were other bad guys that they may not have been aware of
B) just in case the bad guy wasn't dead

And a distant C) to freeze the hostages so they didn't go running all over the place in panic

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if it was the sniper’s intention to shoot through the monitor, or was it the fact that at what appears to be maybe 25-30 feet, he had a clear line of sight through his scope but the bore was 1 1/2” lower so the round went through the monitor.

I am betting it was NOT his intention. With the suspect a few feet behind the monitor with a hostage in a headlock and a knife to her throat, the monitor would cover the majority of the target area and then some. Shooting through a non-transparent object in that situation would be risky.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
well bye.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wondering if it was the sniper’s intention to shoot through the monitor, or was it the fact that at what appears to be maybe 25-30 feet, he had a clear line of sight through his scope but the bore was 1 1/2” lower so the round went through the monitor.

I am betting it was NOT his intention. With the suspect a few feet behind the monitor with a hostage in a headlock and a knife to her throat, the monitor would cover the majority of the target area and then some. Shooting through a non-transparent object in that situation would be risky.
images (68).jpeg

I think now we know... :bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom