FN .45 vs. M&P .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the FNP-45 and like it a lot. Never fired a Smith so I can't compare. The FN's felt recoil is very mild. My only complaint about it is the lack of accessories, like holsters. But it does come with 3 magazines, which is a plus. Supposedly the Jarheads selected the FNP-45 as their choice to replace the Beretta.

torment

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FNs are really nice but higher. I have shot a few M&Ps before and they seemed like reasonable guns especially for the price.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just from reading around the web many people who have tried the M&P and Glock like the Smith a bit better. People who still chose the Glock did it for one of two reasons: Glock's long history and/or that Glock in some opinions had a better factory trigger.

I dont have 'sheeple' running through my veins so I dont care if Glock has a longer history if both weapons are very reliable. The M&P trigger can be modded with a cheap drop in that makes it way better. In all other aspects the M&P generally won out.

That being said my handgun wanted list is M&P, Glock, Beretta Px4 in no particular order.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot, own, or prefer the 1911 format but want lighter weight and a polymer frame go with the FN .45. If striker fired pistols are to your liking, then the M&P is a frontrunner. That's my 2 cents.

kellyreno

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the gun just goes to the range now and then, it probably doesn't matter. Choose whichever feels nice in the store. But, if it is getting real use in competition, training, or carry, the M&P gets the nod. M&P runs great, good trigger, lots of options for parts and accessories. Something else to consider is that all the LE and military I am familiar with use Sig, Glock, HK, and increasingly M&P.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The praise for the M&P is very very strong. I have even heard some long time LEOs mention that if Glock and the newer M&Ps (the first year or two of production had minor bugs) had came out at the same time then M&P would be what the Glock is now.

Thats saying a lot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom