Fnp-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an opertunity to pick up one of these for a decent price, New felt, shot or seen one, any thoughts good / bad Thanks

I've owned two and loved both of them with two exceptions:

1. the backstrap/back side of the grip was slick and I always worried that when I started sweating pretty hard, it might slip out of my hand.

2. The decocker/safety was in exactly the wrong place for a thumbs-high grip and I constantly de-cocked it while shooting it (that is the main reason I didn't carry it).

My hands are on the smaller side though, so maybe either of these issues is a non-issue for most folks on the board.

Other than those two things, I absolutely loved mine. DA/SA with a safety, so you can carry hammer-down or cocked/locked. Pretty much feels like a skinnier HK USP only with a better trigger.

Both of mine were very accurate and very reliable (no malfunctions between the 600rds that both of them saw combined).

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first pistol was an FNP9. I really liked it. I ran it in an IDPA type pistol league. It ran like a champ for the 1000 rounds I put through it. I only sold it because I wasn't a fan of the DA first pull for competition. I think I sold it for $400-425 about a year ago.

What can you get one for if you don't mind me asking?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have one and like it. i like the constant trigger pull of a glock or xd better i think, that is about the only thing. they are very accurate and feels good to shoot.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first pistol was an FNP9. I really liked it. I ran it in an IDPA type pistol league. It ran like a champ for the 1000 rounds I put through it. I only sold it because I wasn't a fan of the DA first pull for competition. I think I sold it for $400-425 about a year ago.

What can you get one for if you don't mind me asking?

Could you not run it locked/cocked with the safety on in IDPA?

Deleted member 708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry mine every day. I bought it from a member here about 3 years ago. I have probably 1200- 1300 rounds down the tube, no malfunctions at all. No failures to feed, no failures to eject, no stovepiping, and so far, it eats every name brand round I feed it. I have not shot reloads through it.

I do not have the high-thumb / decocker issue. Big hands, right thumb is inline but offset. No issues.

Mine is one of the first generation of FNP-9; sometime after they began to sell well, and they ramped up manufacturing, there were some issues with some cracking under the frame rails or trigger control group somewhere. A change in suppliers resolved that issue.

Look it over well. One of the better handguns that didn't take off so well. Find more info here.

Shootemup

Latest posts

Top Bottom