Folding Camping Chairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I have some folding camping chairs that I bought from Academy about 15 yrs ago. They are made very well and have lasted a very long time. I needed to buy some more chairs, so I went to Academy. The current chairs they have are nowhere near the quality of the old chairs and not worth the money. So the search began...

Chairs at Walmart are cheap arse crap that I would not take if they were giving them away.

So I ended up at BassPro. I butt tested several chairs and ended up selecting the Big Outdoorsman XL Foldup

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Big-Outdoorsman-XL-FoldUp-Chair/product/12081605474847/

The chair is rated for 400lbs, so it could possibly be the official folding chair of the FGST. But with its larger weight rating comes a chair that I feel is more comfortable. The chair is kind of bulky, but thats to be expected. The feet are bigger, so there is no risk of sinking and dumping you out. Another plus I have discovered is the chair is sturdy enough to allow me to invite my girlfriend to sit on my lap ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom