Folding Knife Choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I

I was going to recommend looking at Flytanium scales for the Deka, but they cost almost as much as the least expensive Dekas.

ETA: The Flytanium Shredded CF scales for my Mini Osborne cost a good deal less than their Deka models…
Yeah, in my case, they would cost more than the deka.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a swisstech with canvas Micarta handles aus8 steel with ceramic ball bearing. It’s amazing one of the best knives I have and it was by far the cheapest! $30
Opens way too easy and is dangerously sharp! Easy to sharpen and holds an edge a very long time. I use my knives for what ever the job needs. Hammer, prybar, screw driver, you name it. So far it’s held up.
An American company, not sure where it’s made? Doesn’t say.
Way better than my bench made.View attachment 456519View attachment 456520
I looked at these Seem like pretty dang good deal.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not looking to buy a new knife. I carried this Buck from 1986 until a few months ago. Buck shield has been gone so long scale is almost smooth now. Friend of mine builds knives and sent this one to me. I carry it now. Custom knife, too many Benjamins. He doesn’t take orders anymore, to backed up. I sure like this one. Picture could be better.
65FCCDF1-EE1B-400B-A839-979624ED0FD1.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my old timer

That was my father's favorite and my very first pocket knife that he gave me. I still have it. It's an Old Timer 3 blade Stockman. It looks like hell and probably ain't worth a plug nickel, but it's priceless to me.

20240419_165136.jpg

Lately I've been kicking around the idea of a Case Sodbuster Jr. Like I said in an earlier post, I've always been a SAK man, first and last because of their utility. I just don't see the romance of just a single blade folder when you can have other useful tools in literally the same size knife.

But yeah, the Case Soddy has sparked my interest. I've always wanted a Double X Case, just couldn't shell out the dough for one (again, the SAK mentality :rolleyes2) and we all know what a tight fisted, cheap bastard I am. But a Sodbuster Jr with a Delrin handle can be had for under 40 bucks.

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not looking to buy a new knife. I carried this Buck from 1986 until a few months ago. Buck shield has been gone so long scale is almost smooth now. Friend of mine builds knives and sent this one to me. I carry it now. Custom knife, too many Benjamins. He doesn’t take orders anymore, to backed up. I sure like this one. Picture could be better.View attachment 471806
Like the Sweeney and buck. I have a buck toothpick , it’s cool but I find the old timer more functional for me.