Found a buck last night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I found a buck on my lease. It could not get up. I called fish & game to let them know I was going to put it out of it's misery. I shot it in the neck and looked for any wounds....nothing found. The game warden said it could have one of 300 diseases or may have been shot with a .22. I'm going to take a better look today. It was close to dark when I found it.
It had 4 pts. on one side, the other side had a broken beam and a brow tine. The size of the body looked good and healthy. He had to have just shown up yesterday afternoon because the landowner didn't see him when he was out earlier. (Pecan grove). The landowner said he did hear some shots in the morning.
I hope it wasn't shot out of season. :nolike:

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The antler looked like it may have been broken for a while. The deer looked healthy, teeth looked good. The landowner said he heard some shots in the morning; but I couldn't find any injury. Who knows....it would have been a nice deer if it hadn't been messed up/injured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom