Old warrior 8 pt buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really think my son probably gave me some “benefit of the doubt” on the measurements, but he’s a great deer. He’s the 2nd or 3rd biggest deer I’ve ever taken.
I don’t think he was far off. A co-worker killed a 150” class 8 point and it’s not any bigger than yours.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some good luck yesterday morning. On our way out from hunting, I spotted this 3 bucks tending a doe. 2 of the bucks looked to be shooters and one of them looked really nice. They were headed towards the neighbors property, so me and my sons had to think quick. The oldest boy suggested driving to the north side of the place and try to hoof it down the property line and cut them off. That’s what we did, but the doe and dominant buck beat us to the spot and crossed over to the neighbors cut cotton field and bedded in some tumbleweeds. I had jogged about 1/2 mile to get close to them and since there was still a smaller buck in our wheat, I decided to sit down and stay put to see if the big buck would try to run the smaller guy off. That’s exactly what happened about 15 minutes later. He came out and I hammered him. He scored 150 on the nose, gross with 5 extra points. I’m proud of the gnarly old sucker View attachment 430280
That's what I call hunting. You outsmarted the ole boy and not just by sitting in a shed with coffee and donuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom