Found it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'73 Opel Gt. Lowered 1-1/2", added European lower control arms and sway bars. Weber carb, Billet cam, header and Trans Am hood scoop to cover the carb. Roll bar. Back then, I got most of the parts off JC Whitney. The roll bar came from Whitlock? (the parts store by what was Casa Bonita in Tulsa). It was not really fast, but I would stick my foot in it around corners when all the muscle cars had to put on the brakes. Euro style air dam, Marchall driving lights. The car was kind of ahead of its time. I did several autocrosses with it in the early '80's in the OKC area. Picture was taken in 1981 on the original dam of Boomer lake in Stillwater.

Attachments

• 73OpelGT.jpg
    73OpelGT.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'73 Opel Gt. Lowered 1-1/2", added European lower control arms and sway bars. Weber carb, Billet cam, header and Trans Am hood scoop to cover the carb. Roll bar. Back then, I got most of the parts off JC Whitney. The roll bar came from Whitlock? (the parts store by what was Casa Bonita in Tulsa). It was not really fast, but I would stick my foot in it around corners when all the muscle cars had to put on the brakes. Euro style air dam, Marchall driving lights. The car was kind of ahead of its time. I did several autocrosses with it in the early '80's in the OKC area. Picture was taken in 1981 on the original dam of Boomer lake in Stillwater.
Whitlock Auto was great

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest son had 3 of them in my back yard before he was 16.
His first driver was a 1969 Mercedes with a gas engine and 2 carbs.

He should have been more crafty and into fixing old cars correctly and he may have still had those Buick Opels.
But he fell into the wrong crowd like so many kids do and sold then all off.
Live and learn.
He is on a good path now.
No more stupid stuff.

@SPDguns yours looks better than his did

Latest posts

Top Bottom