Foundation Repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody had a foundation repair done by these outfits that advertise on tv ? You know the ones that drill down to bedrock and push your house back together. If you have ,I'd like to know if the repair held up , how old is the repair, and which company? Thanks.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i havent had any done yet, but have been studying it for a couple of months. it seems as the best supposed to be american leveling and the best cheapest is supposed to be acme foundation repair.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get an opinion from an engineer not associated with a foundation repair company first.

FOR CERTAIN! We had an issue and had two different 'foundation repair' firms out to look at it and give us an estimate. Then, we had two different structural engineers come look at it, and both said it was NOT a foundation issue at all! BEWARE! They will be more than happy to relieve you of your cash! I'm not saying you don't need it, but be sure that's what you need before you sign on the dotted line!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had Olshan's do mine. They told me that I only needed the west side done and that the rest of the house was fine so I think they were pretty honest. Going on 10 years and so far so good. I think it pulled back very slightly in this drought, even though I've been watering. I was digging out back the other day (where I'd also been watering) and the ground is like concrete about 12" down. I'm going to wait until some good rain before I call them out to look at it, because it ain't nothing like it was. Ain't worried though, they have a lifetime transferable warranty, if the piers they set ever need redone, it's free. Whatever you do get that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom