Free my dad, arley duncan

• Thread starter Catriona Marie DUNCAN
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does OKDOC Dad deserve second chance at freedo and life with daughter

• Absolutely everyone deserves a second chance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • he served his te let hime go

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catriona Marie DUNCAN

My name is Catriona Marie DUNCAN! Daughter of
Arley Lee Duncxan. Who is currently incarcerated for the 1983 killing of GEORGE RYAN TAYLOR. He was recently granted his parole after twenty eight years in the OKDOC, but on October 07, 2011 The govenor denied him release. While looking up differnt articles and blogs I ran accross the one on this site by George Ryan Talyors brother about my dads hearing and asking people to contact the govenor to make sure that my dad wasnt granted the parole he so very much deserves.There were a lot of responses, but really I dont think anyone should make a decision, then contact officials concerning another mans famloy and freedom withour atleast knowing the whole damn story. Now as far as the "skum-bag", ":worthless" and other misc. names my dad was called.... Once again, know all the facts and now all sides before jumping to any conclusions.
"WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES,SEE WHAT I HAVE SEEN, FEEL HOW I HAVE FELT, THEN MAYBE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND, BUT UNTIL THEN DON'T JUDGE ME."
I am going to fill you in on my side of it all. The two year old little girl who was standing by her dad, hand in hand, at the front door of thier Oklahoma house , was picked up and rushed through the house, put in her closet and told to hide because a man in the FRONT yard drew a weapon and shot at Arley Duncan with her right there.
That girl, is me ..... Catriona Marie Duncan-Jones. I am now thirty years old, married to the father of my two girls, Brandon, and we live in a small town just outside of Branson MO. I dont remember a lot from my childhood, my mother was never asround and worked all the time and I was told my fath4er left befor i was born never to be heard f\rom agtain. I was raised by a man who was not only a petifile and child molestor but also a severly bad alcoholic who beat on my mom often. I was molested by this man and being the age i was when it began ( Four) I believed him when told my mo would leave me just like my dad did if i said anything to anyone about it. When older I finally brought it to my mothers attention, told her how long it had been happening what he had done to me and she looked at me and said, your lying. She didnt believe me, so i went to live with family in arkansas until they divorced years later and at 16 i moved back to mo. I didn't grow up with a dad and i dont know what having one is like. So in 1997 when Brandon and i were snooping in momsd closet i found a box full of letters from my dad in oklahoma department of corrections. I read them all for day, then wrote him a letter.
After years of mail and phone calls he wrote down his version of what happend, I then asked my mom about him and between hysteric outbursts she gave me hers,and then i drew my own opinion on it all. My daughters ( 13 & 7) have gotten close to Arley, My husband and I as well and I was looking forward to having a actual parent. I might be thirty years old but i was going to have a dad. Not just any dad but my dad in my life. I have been going to physicians since a toddler because of recurring nightmares of a baby in red curdorouy overalls screaming as glass shatters and she is snatched up by a giant, after years of therapy it finally all fit together. I asked Dad one day what I was wearing the day of the shooting, RED CURDOROUY OVERALLS!

Its late so i am closing for now.........................tomorrow i will tell you about The officer george taylor and my mothers relationship as lovers not just aquaintences or just friends. She still keeps letters Taylor wrote her some just days before his death, and also while in tears told me what had really happend , about lies told under oath, and the future plan they had to marry when my dad 'Arley duncan wan't around anymore.

All I want is the chance to know my dad for my children thier grandpa. The whole case and prosecution of my dad and this case was dirty, with wrong doingds. Because , it shows proof that taylor shot the first shot AND FOR SUCH A GOOD MAN AND POKICE OFFICER HE SURE DID SHOOT THE FIRST SHOT DIRECTLY AT THE DOORWAY WHERE A TWO YEAR OLD TODDLER STOOD IN THE FIRE.................

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The poll is a little slanted. There is no option to deny parole. And my head hurts from the grammar and spelling.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmmm....
If you can find it in your heart, please take a moment of your time to write a letter to Governor Fallin and request that she deny the parole of ARLEY DUNCAN, DOC #133073.

This e-mail is to inform you of the result of the parole board review for the offender ARLEY DUNCAN, DOC #133073.

The offender has been recommended for parole.

The recommendation will be sent to the governor who will either grant or deny the offender's parole. If the offender is granted parole, you will be notified of the offender's release. If you wish to submit written comments, you may send a letter to: Office of the Governor / Attention: Parole Requests, 212 State Capitol, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73105. Please note: The governor's office is not required to keep confidential the information they receive from the public.

Duncan murdered my brother, George Ryan Taylor, on June 15th, 1983. At the time of his murder, my brother was an armed, uniformed Oklahoma City police officer. He had received a call from a friend asking him to come by her house to help her on his way home from work. Unknown to my brother, earlier in the day the woman’s estranged husband had come from Texas with the plan to shoot and kill both of them. She was a physician at Hillcrest Hospital and he had kidnapped her from work, taken her to her house, assaulted her, and then forced her to call George. When my brother stepped up on the porch, Duncan began firing from inside of the door. My brother was able to return fire to no avail as his wounds from the ambush were very serious. Duncan surrendered to Oklahoma City police officers at the scene. One of the bullets struck my brother's heart and he went through 50 Pints of AB Negative blood as he died in the operating room about two hours later.

As the details unfolded, our family discovered this was a well planned and pre-mediated murder. Duncan had purchased the murder weapon with intent of murder approximately one week earlier and then later purchased Teflon-coated bullets to assure his plans to kill. He then traveled several hours from where he was living in Texas to carry out his plan.

The event was, of course, devastating to my parents and family. I had one other brother who was also an Oklahoma City police officer at the time and we lived with constant fear of injury to one of them, but never anything like this! My parents were in such a state of emotional fragility that my siblings and I would not allow them to attend the preliminary hearing. After hearing the details of my brother’s assault and suffering we met with District Bob Macy and asked him to accept a plea bargain for life rather than subjecting my parents to a death penalty murder trial and series of appeals. Our goal was to protect them as victims so that they would not have to undergo any further suffering. Plea was accepted with a life sentence for the murder of my brother and concurrent sentences for kidnapping and assault to Duncan’s estranged wife.

Arley Duncan, DOC #133073, was placed on the Oklahoma Parole Docket the very first time after only serving 39 months of a LIFE sentence. Our family and friends were so outraged by this incident that we worked with the Oklahoma State legislature to create an additional punishment option of Life Without Parole. So now other families do not have to go through what we have gone through for the past 28years. This month is Arley Duncan's, DOC #133073, 7th time to be on the Parole Docket. He has already passed a Stage I hearing and this is the first time he has passed a Stage II hearing and will ge this named presented to the governor.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the updated and well articulated information, I would vote NO chance in hell for parole. Life in prison is a bit light in my opinion so he should consider himself lucky to have been sentenced to that and not death. You can go visit him in jail.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i grew up in the neighbor hood where this happened,ms. duncans story is twisted by her love for her father. Mr duncan was just another man who couldn't accept that his wife no longer loved him and he could no longer control her.they were estranged and she had meet and started a relationship with George Taylor.

In his jealous rage he made the Conscious decision to murder the man he felt was keeping his wife from loving him and he carried it out.

He should have recieved the death penalty ,but unlike George Taylor he got to live,albiet behind bars where he deserve's to be for the remainder of his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom