FREE SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ok, you got caught with your pants down and need some primers for a up coming hunt or to have for your protection, go buy a sleeve of 100, but dont buy every brick in sight!
9 out of 10 neckbeards would strongly disagree! :rollingla

Starting to see a good trend. Academy in Owasso today:
20240206_154033.jpg

At least prices aren't going the other way....yet.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree with OJEEZE. in reality, when have any of you seen the price of something that went up for whatever reason ( like feed from the drought) go back down to what it was before, as long as people were still buying it??? The ONLY way to stop not only big business, but government as well it to stand together as one. Imagine Shell Oil with no sales across the board for just 1 day. Think you might get their attention?

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe cheaper foreign suppliers will help bring the cost down. I bought 10k Unis Ginex or whatever primers for about $60/1000. That should keep me out of the market for small rifle for a while.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe cheaper foreign suppliers will help bring the cost down. I bought 10k Unis Ginex or whatever primers for about $60/1000. That should keep me out of the market for small rifle for a while.
Sounds logical, but unless you are buying direct, those primers are sold by the distributor as the domestic, well known, popular, high demand brands. Therefore, the "cheap imports" end up just slightly cheaper.

I am in short supply on LPP. Have stumbled on a few, but refused to pay the over inflated price. I may be forced to pick up a few, but not a case.

.22 LR was headed back to normal, but Pedo Joe inflation halted that.
The new normal will prevent prices going back to what they were, but restraint would bring them down and stick it to the neckbeards.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slow primer production!

Faster primer production

That Bruderer press above is running slow at 350 strokes a minute, but the complexity of the die might facilitate that speed. I would love the chance to see that die up close!

This is where we need primer component stamping needs to be! 2300 strokes per minute! 😁

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in short supply on LPP. Have stumbled on a few, but refused to pay the over inflated price. I may be forced to pick up a few, but not a case.
LPP"s are in short supply now for some reason.

I like to keep all my primer types up to a certain stock level and as I use a brick (1000) of a particular type I order another to replace it.

I've got a brick of U.S. made LPP showing that it's going to be delivered today and the price I ended up paying for them after tax, shipping and Hazmat was up there.....not really much a fella can do, we either pay the price or walk away and do without.

Edit: Dam it !.........Should have waited a little longer, Academy had Winch. LPP's on the shelf this morning for about what I paid per 1000 but I had to pay the additional shipping and Hazmat cost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom