Front sling swivel on dpms ar 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyBeered

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am a complete ar 15 newbie.

Bought my first one yesterday at sooner guns in Tulsa, get it home, and there is place to attach a sling in the rear, but nothing at the front.

My google-fu has so far failed me: I can find other folks on the InterTubes similarly confused by the situation, but can't really find a solution. There is some sort of rivet but I can't see how I can add the rivet to what I've got and end up with a front sling swivel.

Stupid thing not to have seen in the store yesterday, but when you live way out in the country and have to drive well over an hour to get to town, doing stupid things like this becomes a way of life.

Can someone help me understand how and what I need to attach to this rifle to attach a front sling swivel?

Thanks

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
awww.tenpercentfirearms.com_images_sidesling.jpg

[Broken External Image]

I think this is what you are needing if you have a standard front sight base..It just wraps around the barrel and secured with two removable/reusable roll pins as seen in first two pics..No need for quad rail or pictinany rail. the link shows where it secures under the front sight base and the allows the sling to be mounted sideways vs. under the handguard like the standard sling mount much more comfortable I think.Takes about 30 seconds to remove and install..They are about $25 online. Its a standard feature on colts and most higher priced AR's I noticed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom