G-34 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What might be wrong if my 34 doesn't lock back when empty? That only started this month. The last two times I took it out it ran perfectly except for once each time. Its still a baby (only around 1,900 rounds through it). I didn't think to check which mag was in when it happened both times(if that could even be a cause).

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your thumb placement, my 19 was doing that. Then I realize I was doing it by placing my thumb on top of the slide release. It was just enough pressure, that I didn't allow it to do its job.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Have you had the 34 apart? If the slide stop lever is not installed properly this can happen. Also, the 34 has a heavy slide for 9mm, are you shooting ultra light loads that may not cycling strong enough?

Thanks,

Alan

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it is my thumb b/c my grip is always the same. I haven't taken the slide stop lever out so that shouldn't be it. I'm betting it is the mag. Next time I go out I'll pay attention and note which mag was in when it happened.

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like the slide stop. It has a wire spring attached to it. If that becomes slightly bent it will reduce the spring tention and wont work. It is a cheap part and wounldn't hurt to replace it. It requires removing the pins. If you now a Glock armorer it can be done in a heart beat. If you know how to take yours apart you have to be careful with that part because its easy to bend out of shape. it should be a curve, no corners or bends.

My 2 cents

Latest posts

Top Bottom