Gen 1 Glock value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 Glock 17 with the tuperware box that matches it. Five digit serial number. It's in good condition with the exception of the sights. I had to update them to the newest generation sights as the old, original adjustable sights broke off. Any ideas as to a value for something like this? I know it's hard to estimate without seeing it, but I would just like to get an opinion. Thanks.

chief63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its in good shape with the box its kind of surprising what glockers will pay for a Gen 1. What its really worth and what you can get for it are two different things. You just need the right buyer. Google is your friend.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to sell it, but I guess you're right about seeing what a collector might value it for. The grip feels awesome in my hand and it's kinda nice to have a non finger groove Glock without having to take a Dremel to it to "customize" it. Although, I could Dremel it and then sell it in the Classifieds for a stupid price. I hate when people mess up guns like that.....

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't want to sell it, but I guess you're right about seeing what a collector might value it for. The grip feels awesome in my hand and it's kinda nice to have a non finger groove Glock without having to take a Dremel to it to "customize" it. Although, I could Dremel it and then sell it in the Classifieds for a stupid price. I hate when people mess up guns like that.....

Me too. I don't like it when someone butchers up a grip then they try to sell the gun as "custom".

I had a Gen 2 19 that I liked the grip on better than any of the ones with the grooves, because my hands are too big to fit the grooves properly.

I sold it because I wanted one with a rail to mount my laser/light combo for home defense, but never cared for the grooved grips.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as collector value, Gen-1 guns seem to bring the most. The most desirable are the ones that have the Tupperware box with the individual bullet holders and the non-upgraded internals with pencil barrels.

Look around over on Glocktalk.com and you can get more Information.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is a smooth grip G17? while they are cool being first generation, I haven't seen them being overally valued as a collector item. A pristine NIB maybe, but not a "good" condition. Fun to have no doubt.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is a smooth grip G17? while they are cool being first generation, I haven't seen them being overally valued as a collector item. A pristine NIB maybe, but not a "good" condition. Fun to have no doubt.

If a person had one and wanted to make some quick money, all they'd have to do is post it on Glocktalk. It would be gone pretty quick. They are more in demand than you may think.