Gen 1 Glock value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, smooth grip. Two piece recoil spring set up and the box has the bullet holders. I looked at the serial number range, and it is a 1988 model. The finish isn't the kind of finish on glocks now, it's more of a phosphate? kind. The fit and finish isn't quite as good as now, you can definitely tell its a early production model.
As stated earlier, it's a keeper for me. :-)

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, smooth grip. Two piece recoil spring set up and the box has the bullet holders. I looked at the serial number range, and it is a 1988 model. The finish isn't the kind of finish on glocks now, it's more of a phosphate? kind. The fit and finish isn't quite as good as now, you can definitely tell its a early production model.

I would shoot the crap out of it and enjoy. I remember when they hit the market, thought they were the ugliest thing on the market. When they were found to be utterly reliable, the race was one. I love my glocks. enjoy it. the box ammo holder was kinda cool. No manufacturer has time or willing to do things like that now.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Look at the internal parts. If they are black it has not had the upgrade. If that's the case, you've got an early one that collectors want. Even if it has had the upgrade, it's still a collectors piece. The finish is tennifer.

zipski

Marksman
Reaction score
When I was looking for some Glock parts the other day, one of the websites was talking about not altering a Gen 1 Glock as they were becoming more valuable and recommended not to modify at all. The values from what I've seen is just over retail on a current Glock. I would guess a 5 digit Glock would be very desireable to a collector.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember back when they first hit the US market, there were all kinds of myths that there would never be a place for them in the LE market and that they could pass through airport detectors without being seen cause of the polymer construction.

The G-17 is the only model I've ever made a collection of. I have all four generations of the 17. The "fish gill" is the only version I don't have.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a fish gill model 22. The gills and the sandpaper grip caused me to let it go. It looked good in the store, not so much to shoot or carry. I need a Glock 26 and a 17L and my 9mm Glock collection will be done. Maybe one day.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a fish gill model 22. The gills and the sandpaper grip caused me to let it go. It looked good in the store, not so much to shoot or carry. I need a Glock 26 and a 17L and my 9mm Glock collection will be done. Maybe one day.

I have owned many 2nd and 3rd generation guns, but no fish gill or sandpaper finish. I suppose one day I won't have a choice...sort of. but for now your feedback keeps that curiosity at bay, lol.