Getting harassed by a drone while hunting, what do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how high the drone is. Public airspace doesn’t start at the ground. I work for a security company. We started selling anti-drone security. This wouldn’t be a cost efficient method for the problem stated. If it was my land or leased land I would have no problem using a shotgun on one. Pretty safe to say if you hit it in a shotgun blast, it’s trespassing.

Pretty safe to say if you hit it in the air with a shotgun blast, you’ve committed a felony no matter how high or low it was. The FAA might not look upon it too kindly.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game wardens like helping hunters out. I’d look up the one for the county you were in and call them on their cell phone, it’s posted on the OWDC website. The drone flyers know exactly what they’re doing and will continue until someone makes them stop. You and others are in for more harassment if someone doesn’t stop them. Might as well be the law.
Our local game warden @Jared “liked” the post above but yet contributed nothing towards clearing up the legalities for drone harassment or shooting one down. What the heck good is it to have a game warden on the board if he won’t help out with legal issues?!? :scratch:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good idea, I can't help but wonder if that would work with bicycle riders, that can LEGALLY run stop signs in Oklahoma now? I guess most state law makers rie bicycles? Did anyone hear a justification for this new law?
It’s trivial on a bike to look both ways while riding. If you don’t, problem solved when you get tboned by a car. Also, most bike riders are unable to trigger sensors at stop lights.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our local game warden @Jared “liked” the post above but yet contributed nothing towards clearing up the legalities for drone harassment or shooting one down. What the heck good is it to have a game warden on the board if he won’t help out with legal issues?!? :scratch:
He’s likely on the board for personal enjoyment and the other reasons why we are on this forum. I doubt any one of us would be interested in sticking our neck out and offering legal advice as a professional in an unprofessional forum. It’s just asking for legal and career problems, and it’s more work that you’re not getting paid for. None of the attorneys, doctors, or other law enforcement professionals are on here explaining exactly how things work or offering up things that have to do with their work.
Also, in regards to drones and airspace legality, it’s such a convoluted and little known topic. I’m going out on a limb here, but I’m pretty sure most game wardens on a professional level know an awful lot about wildlife and land conservation, and not a whole lot about airspace classification or safe operating parameters for drone operations.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He’s likely on the board for personal enjoyment and the other reasons why we are on this forum. I doubt any one of us would be interested in sticking our neck out and offering legal advice as a professional in an unprofessional forum. It’s just asking for legal and career problems, and it’s more work that you’re not getting paid for. None of the attorneys, doctors, or other law enforcement professionals are on here explaining exactly how things work or offering up things that have to do with their work.
Also, in regards to drones and airspace legality, it’s such a convoluted and little known topic. I’m going out on a limb here, but I’m pretty sure most game wardens on a professional level know an awful lot about wildlife and land conservation, and not a whole lot about airspace classification or safe operating parameters for drone operations.
Alright then, y’all just go ahead and kick this can down the road for another 12 pages… :anyone:

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the drone becomes a nuisance, and if your able, I guess it's time to try to follow it back to its origins and meet the operator. Maybe an intelligent conversation can be had with the operator. If not contact the police. If that doesn't work, it sounds like your better off with a misdemeanor assault on the operator's big toe than to shoot down his drone. Either way, this stupid droning behavior is going to stop by some means once I have it legally documented. If drone operator is flying at night...well this changes everything.😬

https://aerocorner.com/blog/legally-take-down-drone/

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the drone becomes a nuisance, and if your able, I guess it's time to try to follow it back to its origins and meet the operator. Maybe an intelligent conversation can be had with the operator. If not contact the police. If that doesn't work, it sounds like your better off with a misdemeanor assault on the operator's big toe than to shoot down his drone. Either way, this stupid droning behavior is going to stop by some means once I have it legally document. If drone operator is flying at night...well this changes everything.😬

https://aerocorner.com/blog/legally-take-down-drone/

This was suggested way back in the beginning of the thread, but some folks persist in arguing with the concept ;)

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens if a trespassing drone is chasing livestock on private property, and the livestock is in immediate danger?

Dialing 911 might be too late!

Finding the drone operator might be too late!

Livestock if frightened can cause harm or death to themselves unintentionally!

Latest posts

Top Bottom