GI vs PMags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you have a half dozen of each?

Just a turn of phrase, i have way more than that. I could just about fund a 3 week trip to germany if I chose to sell at market prices now.

They all work. For some reason my wifes AR prefers the pmags over the used surplus. Havent tried any of the new alloy magazines in her rifle yet. My 5.56 likes them all new alloy, stainless, used alloy and pmags. It aint picky. My 300 blackout really dislikes my old surplus alloy magazines.

FYI magpul says life expectancy of a pmag is 60k rounds. But their have been reports of pmags with 100 to 120k through still going strong. They had an industry rep respond to a thread on arfcom.

Toowork

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI magpul says life expectancy of a pmag is 60k rounds. But their have been reports of pmags with 100 to 120k through still going strong. They had an industry rep respond to a thread on arfcom.

With the current price of ammo I don't think anyone will get to find out what the limit is. :uhh:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

With the current price of ammo I don't think anyone will get to find out what the limit is. :uhh:

If the community as a whole would quit enabling the profiteers we would see ammo return to normal prices quickly, if they spend all their money buying it up and nobody pays their inflated prices then they'll run out of funds to continue buying, and in at least one case I know of they would be stuck with several thousand rounds of ammo they don't even own a rifle chambered for it. I bet in the next 3 days we'll see several lots of independence ammunition 5.56 show up for sale in the classifieds at inflated prices, I got my shipping notice this morning my 500 round order will be in tomorrow. I paid the upper end of normal pricing for it from midway but it was normal priced at $219 plus shipping.