Glock 17 & 26 vs 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the Dicken drill is what has led to a lot of these kinds of threads all over the net...in most real workd self-defense cases an LCP or a snubbie 38 would work, but "what if" LOL. But there has to be some balance to the "what if". Otherwise you might as well carry an MP5 around LOL.
Well said, totally agree.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G19 gives you the ability to swap parts with a PSA Dagger . . . . or I guess you could just buy a Dagger since it's basically a G19 clone.

I've printed a couple of G19 and G17 frames and have several daggers in various configurations.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I am a glock fan and it has felt natural for years until I began branching out some; then when I go back to glock I have to get used to it.
I was talking about the 26 when I said natural pointing. It depends on how the hump hits your hand. The hump pushes the barrel down in most hands. Maybe not the 26. Hits me mid palm. No glock angle

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Obviously the 26 with the necessary mags/mods can cover about ALL of the needs so I could make a good argument for the 26 with the right options available (such as G19 mags as spares) as the real "do all" here. It can easily scale UP, but the others can't scale down. However, if you had a 17 too, then you have all bases covered and the G19 becomes an extra gun in the safe. BUT the G19 is "always the right answer" too, so I just wanted some perspective outside my own.
You can put 17rd magazines in a G19 and G26 but you cant put 10, 12, and 15rd magazines in a G17. A consideration...

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking about the 26 when I said natural pointing. It depends on how the hump hits your hand. The hump pushes the barrel down in most hands. Maybe not the 26. Hits me mid palm. No glock angle
Oh okay...for me holding the 26 is similar to the 19 because I prefer to run with the OEM +2 mag. Still not quite as large as a 19 though and u can always go back to the 10rd if necessary.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh okay...for me holding the 26 is similar to the 19 because I prefer to run with the OEM +2 mag. Still not quite as large as a 19 though and u can always go back to the 10rd if necessary.
I think people with wide palms love it. Otherwise it’s just another glock that’s a hassle to learn to shoot well.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just get you a Glock 69.
06B14299-99C0-400B-B93D-5CD6DE154746.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom