Glock 21 SF and lead bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I have a chance to get a Glock 21SF but if I get it I want to shoot lead bullets through it. From what I understand I would need to get a different brl that is designed for lead, is that correct? Is there one brl maker better than another?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. You need a barrel with standard rifling.

Lone Wolf Dist. is the cheapest ($100) and have some variance on accuracy. Some people have great results, some people don't. KKM and Barsto are a bit nicer and command a higher price. IMO, they're not worth paying nearly twice as much for.

I'd just go with the LWD and plink away...You'll love the 21SF, by the way.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you don't necessarily need another barrel....but it sounds like you should get one.
If I were buying a barrel I'd get a Barsto

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks use polygonal rifling. For some reason that style is more prone to collecting lead than standard rifling. Anyone know why? I sure don't.

Back when I owned a G22 I shot lead out of it - usually 200 to 300 rounds per range trip. Never had a problem.

But then I religiously deleaded the barrel after every range trip.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is completely against everything that Glock puts out, both to the public and to its armorers, to shoot lead through a Glock.

On a personal note, if you don't go crazy and religiously delead the barrel like Werewolf says, you should be fine.

But...you've been warned, and I won't be responsible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom