Glock 27, WTF?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought another G27 (new to me) and took it to the range tonite. I had never fired this gun before plus I had a never fired Lone Wolf barrel in it. Note that the gun itself is not new but has had minimal rounds thru it. I was lucky to get three rounds in a row to feed properly. Actually, to clarify, it was feeding the rounds fine but the slide was locking all the way back and I'd have to hit the slide release to chamber the next round.
I thought it might be a mag issue but it did the same thing regardless of the mag. I also thought the LW barrel could be the culprit and it may be but I don't see how. What would be causing the slide lock to function this way when the mag is not empty?
I'll take it back to the range tomorrow nite and try the stock barrel but right now the thing had got me pretty damn scared to rely on it as a carry gun. I've got to get this figured out. The ammo was standard WWB.

:smash:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^
What he said.

Also, make sure your thumb (or heel of your support hand) isn't hitting the slide release.
It's a very common issue...

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you guys have it. I'm comparing it to my other 27 and the slide lock feels completely different. I'll see if I can get it back together the correct way.

thanks guys!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you guys have it. I'm comparing it to my other 27 and the slide lock feels completely different. I'll see if I can get it back together the correct way.

thanks guys!

Remember to put the TOP pin in first, insert the slide stop in underneath the top pin, align it up with the bottom pin hole, THEN replace the bottom/bigger pin. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom