Glock 43 Detailed Dissassembly and Reassembly and some trigger info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier we kinda talked about this a little in Mr. Glock's thread about the Glock 43 sight...didn't wanna hijack his thread anymore but wanted to post my observations in regards to the Glock 43 as compared to a 3-pin Glock, such as a Gen 4 G26 or G19. The main thing you notice is the G43 is a 2-pin pistol, not a 3-pin like it's big brothers. No biggee; says I; one less part to worry about dropping on the floor. So I have scoured the net looking for a decent video or pictorial on the detailed disassembly and reassembly of the little G43...not much out there yet as compared to the flood of info on the big Glocks. Several posters talked about how hard it is to remove the trigger pin on the G43, had to beat with a hammer and so on. I figured Glock wasn't going to design a gun you had to take a hammer to in order to tear it down and I was right!

:teach: The key to the detailed disassembly and subsequent reassembly lies in the way the slide lock lever interacts with the trigger pin. The slide lock lever looks a lot different than we are used to compared to a Glock 26 or some other similar model. It lies in a groove in the pin, much like in the bigger guns, but in order to get that pin out, correctly, you need to press down on the slide lock lever from inside the field stripped frame, right behind the locking block ( I used a chopstick). That relieves the pressure the slide lock places on the trigger pin, so with the frame lying on your block, or a roll of electrical tape, you can use your punch to just press the trigger pin out, from left to right. Voila! No hammer needed. Okay, then you just push the rear pin out like normal (I go left to right again with this pin too) and slide the whole trigger assembly up and out of the frame. Be cool here; things in that trigger assembly don't look like what you may be used to in the bigger Glocks. There is no conventional trigger spring, like I have in my Gen 4 26. The mechanism is ...different. Anyway, I did NOT want to take a Dremel to anything here; no replacing of connectors or anything ... yet anyway. I just wanted to clean up the grease and goop. The connector and trigger bar do look the same and interact the same as the big guns do, so replacing the connector on a Glock 43 would be easy. I popped that connector out of the trigger housing like normal, cleaned everything up nice and good and reassembled. The key to reassembly of the frame is once again pressing down on that slide lock lever from inside the frame (here chopstick) and then putting the pin in from right to left so you ensure that slide lock rides in the groove in the pin as it is supposed to do. The upper comes apart like any other Glock; the big difference here is a re-design of the firing pin safety. It's beefier and kind of an oval shape gizmo. It will only go back in its hole one way so you would be hard pressed to screw that up unless you really, really tried. At first, I wasn't to keen on the trigger spring set-up in the 43, then after looking at it some, I think it is going to be a good change. The old trigger spring seemed to be a weak point (relatively speaking) of the Glock design and was probably the one single part that broke on people the most. I don't think it is as weak a link now. I like the re-design of the slide lock, trigger assembly, and firing pin safety that I found in my G43 as compared to other Glock pistols...I think they are good upgrades that will make a the G43 an even better pistol. I betcha you'll see these changes in "Gen 5's" at some point down the road. Oh; by the way, my trigger feels a lot better now that I got all the goop and crud out of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom