Glock or XDM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my personal experience, I've seen XD fail to feed about 2-3 times now from 2 different owners, that makes me leery of actually carrying it. This was from both JHP's and FMJ ammo.

It usually never happens when casually shooting at a range, in a controlled environment. The times I've seen it happen was when we were shooting outdoors, running and gunning. Nothing hardcore or anything.

Not saying all XD's are crap or anything, just my observations. They are a bit more comfortable to shoot if you like 1911 style grip angle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my personal experience, I've seen XD fail to feed about 2-3 times now from 2 different owners, that makes me leery of actually carrying it. This was from both JHP's and FMJ ammo.

It usually never happens when casually shooting at a range, in a controlled environment. The times I've seen it happen was when we were shooting outdoors, running and gunning. Nothing hardcore or anything.

Not saying all XD's are crap or anything, just my observations. They are a bit more comfortable to shoot if you like 1911 style grip angle.

Cmon out to Redcastle this weekend and I'll show you a G22 that fails with a WML on. :D

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the XDM has a match grade trigger which would give it the advantage in my book. But compare a regular XD to a Glock and it would be more of a toss up with the advantage leaning to the Glock due to surplus of accessories and options

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree to the notion of trying them both. Judge for yourself. I'm a little biased towards the glock though. Just removed the finger grooves on my 23 and like it even more. That whole Glock=block thing is true for the XD as well. And add to that the high bore axis. And I'm not convinced by the XD "match trigger" either.