Glock proof marks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the deal with the austria proof on some glocks now. I got a g19 today and it had austria proofs. Are they not coming out of smryna anymore. Which is better or they all the same?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is they are the exact same thing except for the marks. When Obama got elected and everybody went nuts buying guns they couldn't keep up with demand. So they imported Austrian glocks to keep up. Some people think they are worth more because of this, me not so much... A Glock is still a Glock despite what markings are on it unless of course it has 18 on it then yes it is worth more:fullauto:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is they are the exact same thing except for the marks. When Obama got elected and everybody went nuts buying guns they couldn't keep up with demand. So they imported Austrian glocks to keep up. Some people think they are worth more because of this, me not so much... A Glock is still a Glock despite what markings are on it unless of course it has 18 on it then yes it is worth more:fullauto:

+1000. I am a Glock owner. (I have 4 ). Proof marks do not make any difrference to me.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Proof marks are like pre-ban and post-ban. An excuse to raise the price.

The only marking that makes a difference to me are on Walthers. If it has S&W on it, I leave it alone.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they're kinda cool because they're different. They may one day be collectible. Who knows? Other than that, no difference.