Glock Upgrades and Conversions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have put Lone Wolf barrels in all of my Glocks and like them a lot. I also replace my triggers with all aluminum assemblys. I put an enlarged mag release on of some sort because they make changing mags much easier. I have Tru-Glo TFOS on a G-22 and they are neat. But a little bulky. I have Trijicons on all of my other Glocks. You might want to avoid the different colors on Trijicons. The yellow ones are less bright and they tend to lose their luminosity a lot quicker. Stay with green/green. I don't care for titanium guide rods, but that's a personal choice. Buy yourself a Glock rear sight pusher because it will pay for itself over the life of your Glocks. Buy an orange plastic slide plate. They're cut a little higher on the bottom so that you can work on your action and then trip the striker to get the gun back down for more work. I have done enough actions that I have developed a really smooth trigger with a 5# tactical connector. You can do as you wish but I feel that a 3.5# connector is ONLY good for range use. I never put one that light on a carry gun. In .357s I have a new G-32 with a spare .40 barrel. I also have a G-27 which has another .357 barrel with two other .40 barrels for it. Check online or on Lone Wolf and get a GOOD CD or VHS on Glock disassembly/reassembly. It will be your go-to for a while until your brain learns the Glocks. I first handled a G-17 in 1980 and hated it. A few years later a friend handed me one and it just "clicked" for me. They build good guns. :hithead:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have put Lone Wolf barrels in all of my Glocks and like them a lot. I also replace my triggers with all aluminum assemblys. I put an enlarged mag release on of some sort because they make changing mags much easier. I have Tru-Glo TFOS on a G-22 and they are neat. But a little bulky. I have Trijicons on all of my other Glocks. You might want to avoid the different colors on Trijicons. The yellow ones are less bright and they tend to lose their luminosity a lot quicker. Stay with green/green. I don't care for titanium guide rods, but that's a personal choice. Buy yourself a Glock rear sight pusher because it will pay for itself over the life of your Glocks. Buy an orange plastic slide plate. They're cut a little higher on the bottom so that you can work on your action and then trip the striker to get the gun back down for more work. I have done enough actions that I have developed a really smooth trigger with a 5# tactical connector. You can do as you wish but I feel that a 3.5# connector is ONLY good for range use. I never put one that light on a carry gun. In .357s I have a new G-32 with a spare .40 barrel. I also have a G-27 which has another .357 barrel with two other .40 barrels for it. Check online or on Lone Wolf and get a GOOD CD or VHS on Glock disassembly/reassembly. It will be your go-to for a while until your brain learns the Glocks. I first handled a G-17 in 1980 and hated it. A few years later a friend handed me one and it just "clicked" for me. They build good guns. :hithead:

Thanks man for the responses! BTW do you have a link to the side plate you are talking about and the aluminum trigger? As for the disassembly, taking guns about is one of my gifts. The Glock is very simple (compared to what I'm used to, Winchester 1897s, 92s, CZ-82. etc..) I was able to completely take the Glock apart with out much help, I just used the exploded parts diagram. In fact, that was the first thing I did when I got the pistol home, I completely disassembled it down to ever part to learn how the gun operates and how the parts all work together. Cleaned it and put back together.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G32 as well and have been thinking about a .40 cal barrel. The good part is that's all you need to make it a .40. As far a 9mm, idk. You would obviously need new mags and new barrel (both for a G19), but I don't know if the extractor and ejector would work, seeing how the 9mm shell has a smaller diameter than .357sig/.40 cal. I'm not an expert by ANY means, just a concern that needs looking into. Best of luck to ya! Let us know what you end up doing.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget everyones favorite add on.

awww.everydaynodaysoff.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_12_Glock_1769092c7ff337817d4f6321eb3770fa02.jpg