going to Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt you will have a great time.
It get in your blood, I just came back from SA in June and have been planning on my next hunt.
Bring us back a lot of photos!
Mark

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife. Sounds great. I hope to someday do the same thing. I missed the chance to clmib mt kilamanjaro when I was in law school due to final exams. My uncle was offering to pay for the trip. Dadgum.... Still want to go. Let us know how it goes with pics. :)

m.rehme

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took somewhere around 1500 pictures this June, just last night I broke out the video camera I used in SA.
Talk about bringing back memories! Still photos are nice but the video with sound really take you back there. My only regret now is I didn't use it more.

You might want to pack a adapter so you can charge your cell phone, cameras, etc.

I sure miss South Africa!

Mark

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My PH kept trying to get me to shoot a baboon, but I wouldn't do it. I had no desire. He DETESTED those things! Like rats. EVERYWHERE! A young one even crossed the wife's path as she was on her way to breakfast one morning ... just stopped in the pathway and looked at her like, 'what are YOU doing here?!'

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My PH kept trying to get me to shoot a baboon, but I wouldn't do it. I had no desire. He DETESTED those things! Like rats. EVERYWHERE! A young one even crossed the wife's path as she was on her way to breakfast one morning ... just stopped in the pathway and looked at her like, 'what are YOU doing here?!'

the friend of mine that just got back from there said the same thing about baboons. The PH took him to the river and invited him to use his 7mm mag on all the baboons he wanted. Like you, he declined. PH was a little miffed. Said that the baboons would gang up on a human and pretty much rip them apart. Hadn't heard about that before, but thats his story.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wanting to take my BP but was told by the PH that it is a pain with the powder itself.I'm just going to take my Tikka.I'm trying to not get so excited i still have 3 1/2 weeks to go,but it's not working very well.My wife thinks the way I act is that we are leaving tomorrow.I am glad she is going with me,she can kept me in check.Thank you every body for your comments and help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom