Good food recommendations around Muskogee, Webbers Falls, Stigler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Place Bar-B-Que in Muskogee is really good, or it was back in the day. I looked of Trip advisor and the reviews are still really good. I preferred the one on the east side.

Hamlin's was good okie-mex back in the day, but it ain't for everyone. Probably would not recommend for someone just passing thru.
My Place was very good but it has been decades since I was there.
Hamlin’s on the other hand…well let’s just say it’s not for me, and I’ve never heard the term okie-mex, but will avoid anyone that claims to serve okie-Mex.
I agree with the Amish restaurant on the North side of Muskogee, it is darn good!
But I may have jacked up taste buds.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Place Bar-B-Que in Muskogee is really good, or it was back in the day. I looked of Trip advisor and the reviews are still really good. I preferred the one on the east side.

Hamlin's was good okie-mex back in the day, but it ain't for everyone. Probably would not recommend for someone just passing thru.

I grew up in Muskogee and LOVE my place bbq. I don’t go back very often but we always stop at the one on the west side, which is the older/original one. Both are good food but the east side is better for buffet style.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

West side My Place fan, myself. You know you've found a no-nonsense BBQ joint when "Ribs & Bread" is a menu item.

Hamlin's is worth visiting for their white sauce if nothing else. If you want to order like a native, don't look at the menu, just ask for a 3 with 2.

And don't forget Chet's Dairy Freeze, where they've been serving up Oklahoma's best chili dogs since 1948.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
West side My Place fan, myself. You know you've found a no-nonsense BBQ joint when "Ribs & Bread" is a menu item.

Hamlin's is worth visiting for their white sauce if nothing else. If you want to order like a native, don't look at the menu, just ask for a 3 with 2.

And don't forget Chet's Dairy Freeze, where they've been serving up Oklahoma's best chili dogs since 1948.

Good Lord, Chet's was really, really good.

There used to be a greasy hamburger place over on Fon du lac, but I don't recall the name right now.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Muskogee and LOVE my place bbq. I don’t go back very often but we always stop at the one on the west side, which is the older/original one. Both are good food but the east side is better for buffet style.

You positive the one off Eastside Blvd isn't the older of the two? Could be? I'm old I forget, but I thought the one just east of Eastside Blvd on the south side of the road was the original. No?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You positive the one off Eastside Blvd isn't the older of the two? Could be? I'm old I forget, but I thought the one just east of Eastside Blvd on the south side of the road was the original. No?

It’s been several years now but the one between york street was torn down and rebuilt. It’s super nice and much much bigger with a buffet. That one may have been the original if the two but it’s gone now

The west side one is as old as I can remember. It’s right on the edge if town on Okmulgee.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s been several years now but the one between york street was torn down and rebuilt. It’s super nice and much much bigger with a buffet. That one may have been the original if the two but it’s gone now

The west side one is as old as I can remember. It’s right on the edge if town on Okmulgee.

Yeah, the original on the east side in an old dairy queen or some such was the original/first. I didn't know it was gone. It was kind of a sketchy building 30 years ago. Was probably past time to move it.

Ribs & white bread for lunch. Damn, those were the days.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is great. I spend a lot of time in that area, and Burger Barn in Webbers Falls is the only place I go if I go out to eat. Sounds like I need to make the drive to Muskogee one of these trips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom