Got an early Christmas present from the wife for my J-frame!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wife got me some Cocobolo grips from Esmeralda. I posted this in the revolver thread a while back as some of you might remember, but this was my grandpa's model 36 he had custom engraved many years ago. Well, thanks to forum member, BuddyL who scolded me for leaving the ugly rubber pachmayer grips on it, I told the wife this was a good gift for his old gun. She came through!

I love the way they look. Seems better in person than the pic. However, I think I will try to find a different screw as it is a little too long and the silver color doesn't quite look right.

On a side note, the pocket knife holding up the gun in the last two pics was also his. It is a JA Henkels Stockman model 190. This was his most favorite pocket knife. When I was a kid, we scouted gunshow after gunshow to find this knife. :cool: One last fact, my grandpa was a knifemaker. If you attended many gunshows here in the 80's, try to remember seeing a table with HUGE I mean MASSIVE custom made knives. He also made brass belt-buckle knives. I'll try to find some old pics of them one day.

Here is a before pic:
alh4.ggpht.com__nM5R_sdR4DE_Souy40odipI_AAAAAAAAAkU_unbgAkhE8q8_s800_DSC_0623.JPG

After:
alh4.ggpht.com__nM5R_sdR4DE_Sys5RUmfNLI_AAAAAAAAAzk_fpBLFaAtbS4_s800_DSC_0003.JPG

One More:
alh5.ggpht.com__nM5R_sdR4DE_Sys5RvzLU6I_AAAAAAAAAzo_fQu7s54fYBw_s800_DSC_0004.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom