grass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try winter wheat in september, with sorghum in may. you can also try hay grazer, it can get 10 feet tall, enough to hide a tractor in if it is done right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try winter wheat in september, with sorghum in may. you can also try hay grazer, it can get 10 feet tall, enough to hide a tractor in if it is done right.

Agree on everything but the haygrazer. Don't like to use it as the deer can hide between the rows. Reason I don't use corn or milo. They come to wheat just as good.
I put 17 acres of milo around my blind a couple of years ago, and saw that when a deer walked into it, the deer disappered. It would take a long time to find it again. There was so much food they walked into it, and then layed down during the day and then just stood up and ate. It was tough.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yes but a deer that feels safe in a area will remain there. And maybe a good buck may try to slip in and out checking does during the day light hours.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes but a deer that feels safe in a area will remain there. And maybe a good buck may try to slip in and out checking does during the day light hours.

I do not dissagree with this.
My area has lots of tall grass and brush. No trees. Still works pretty good. :D

Taken a few deer off of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom