Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my MantisX system and my Dryfire magazine in, so I can practice my trigger work at home and the mantis will even work with live fire too. Be nice to have a visual reference to what my aim point is doing while shooting.

View attachment 475926
Interested in exploring the Mantix x10 on ELR rifles teaching kids on our unkown distance 1500yd ranges at the farm trigger control, breathing, position building, recoil management. In your experience with Mantix, do you think it would work for that application? Concerned the Mantix won't be sensitive enough for that purpose. Inquired of Mantix rep at 2023 NRA convention about that purpose. Never got a straight answer, pretty wishy-washy at best. Hence, I never pursued.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interested in exploring the Mantix x10 on ELR rifles teaching kids on our unkown distance 1500yd ranges at the farm trigger control, breathing, position building, recoil management. In your experience with Mantix, do you think it would work for that application? Concerned the Mantix won't be sensitive enough for that purpose. Inquired of Mantix rep at 2023 NRA convention about that purpose. Never got a straight answer, pretty wishy-washy at best. Hence, I never pursued.
I haven't tried it on rifle yet, but it is certainly sensitive enough to handle everything you have listed. Breathing would be the only thing I'm not sure on, it usually shows up as oscillations, in your hand movements, if you hold your breath too long. Has to do with aerobic vs anaerobic respiration in the cells and lactic acid productions. I just got back from the range, after using it live fire, for the first time and am impressed with it. All you need to use it is a really short section of pic rail and it doesn't care about orientation. You set that in the app when you tell it what your doing with the gun. In essence, I think it would be beneficial for the application you have.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little over a year ago I bought a M&P Shield .45. I really liked it, but it had the thumb safety. It was the only M&P pistol I had with a thumb safety, so I sold it off and replaced it with a no safety model with night sights. Thinking I might have to load a few mags and take it out back.

No pics, don't have a hosting site for photos.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First suppressor for me and man it is a lot of fun.

IMG_8177.jpeg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't need one. Upload them directly to the forum.

Click the picture icon when making a post.

View attachment 476719

Yep...it's that easy. It's even easier if you just right click your picture, select "Copy", then right click in your post and select "Paste".

Piece of cake.

Or you can use the "Attach files" button below where you type your post.

So easy a boomer can do it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, I picked up a Remington 7400 .30-06 with 10 round mag and Vortex 3-9x40 scope. Took it to range, last Friday.

I had looked at AR-10s, but have no interest in .308. I have a .260Rem and a stash of .308 brass I have resized and loaded to .260.
.30-06 was the cartridge I ever reloaded, have a stash of ammo and components.
This rifle fits my niche.

20240507_222544.jpg
20240507_222554.jpg

Today, I picked up his older brother, Remington 742 .30-06. 5 round mag and no scope.
Just happens, this one shipped in Jan 1975. A few months before I graduated.
As it turned out, the 7400 came with an extra set of see through rings, mounted on the 742, allowing use of the open sights and high enough for the 2.5 - 10 x 44 Tasco Classic, I happened to have and no rifle for it.

20240507_222621.jpg

There are few firearms on my wish list. There are 2 less, now. Squad weapons filled. A couple of spare mags would be nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom