Todays range experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I am scary looking.
After meeting you a few times you really scare the hell out of me.....especially when you smile.

lurch.jpg

bas402

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At Lexington I always stop firing and make sure the new people getting out of their car are aware that shooting is happening and to get ear protection in and wait for them to hang targets.

I talk loud to everyone on the range and make sure everyone is aware what hot and cold mean and live by it and everyone follows right along.

I force everyone to talk or observe each other.
If people bring steel targets to the range or are there shooting steel when I show up I put an end to it.

NO BS when I go shooting and everyone is always happy.

I have had one guy shoot my target but I walked over and told him he did it and he quit shooting it.
Maybe I am scary looking.
This almost exactly what I do when I’m at the range, if you’ve ever been around an AD w/injuries (I have) people would take range safety to heart.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave up on public ranges years ago. You assume a fair amount of danger shooting around a bunch of strangers with varying degrees of gun handling experience. I’ve had too many guns (inattentively) pointed at me at the range over the years.
Same here. The last two bad experiences that broke me from sucking eggs were with a group of off duty cops and a group of young men claiming to be in the military.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banner (Canadian) road range use to be the wild west. Now the guys running it do a great job of keeping everyone in line. We were there Saturday and the gentleman running it spent a few minutes with a family that looked pretty new to shooting, they listened to him and observed the other shooters...was a very pleasant shoot.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go to the range early so I don’t have to interact with a lot of people. My experience today. I have paper set up at 50,100&200 shooting my Bergara HMR 308, couple groups of folks show up and young guy starts shooting across lanes at my paper .. WTF are you doing🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m literally shooting tight groups and I’m like hey what the hell? .. then I notice guy messing with an AK (I’m an AK guy) so I’m like hey do you need help he says he’s never shot it before and can’t get the mag in. I look and it’s a Norinco mac90 lol I take it apart real quick and this thing is bone dry. I lube it up give a little advise and gun works perfectly. Not even a thank you and he start mag dumping. Maybe I’m getting anti social now a days but come on people .. I pack my stuff and tell the young fella you should ask before blasting away at other people’s targets and he looks at me with a bewildered look like I was crazy or something. Range day over for me.
I would have made him pony up $10 or so for targets.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to the range early so I don’t have to interact with a lot of people. My experience today. I have paper set up at 50,100&200 shooting my Bergara HMR 308, couple groups of folks show up and young guy starts shooting across lanes at my paper .. WTF are you doing🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m literally shooting tight groups and I’m like hey what the hell? .. then I notice guy messing with an AK (I’m an AK guy) so I’m like hey do you need help he says he’s never shot it before and can’t get the mag in. I look and it’s a Norinco mac90 lol I take it apart real quick and this thing is bone dry. I lube it up give a little advise and gun works perfectly. Not even a thank you and he start mag dumping. Maybe I’m getting anti social now a days but come on people .. I pack my stuff and tell the young fella you should ask before blasting away at other people’s targets and he looks at me with a bewildered look like I was crazy or something. Range day over for me.
Same experience recently. I am set up and shooting a paper target, a guy and his teen aged son show up. They have no targets, so the son starts shooting up my target. I call him on it and his dad looks like I'm the one being unreasonable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom