grill/griddle??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small Blackstone that I bought to use inside the house. I keep the tank outside and only bring it in when the flat top is used. It's great for a lot of things but...I bought some cheaper ribeye's and cooked them on it and wasn't impressed. I'm going to buy some ribeye's with more marbling and give them a try.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the 22" two burner Blackstone with lid for the RV as well as a tabletop pellet grill made by Pit Boss for the RV.
Each have their own place in cooking, although I've done just about everything with the Blackstone from smoking ribs, making biscuits, and so on before getting the Pit Boss.
One can use a smoke tube to generate smoke for doing ribs low and slow on the Blackstone with the ribs on a small cooling grate located on the cool side with only the offside burner running.
The pellet grill does steaks 100% better than the griddle. A center part of the heat deflector moves to the side so the steak can get an incredible sear, then moved to the side to finish cooking.
Searing is the major advantage of the pellet grill. It will hit 600 degrees pretty quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom