Ground Blind Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my second archery season - I didn't get anything last year and hoping for better success this year.

I can't really afford to purchase a ladder/climber stand at the moment, but I do have a pop up ground blind. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for hunting from a ground blind and whether I stand a reasonable chance of success?

Thanks!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scent control and location are going to be 2 of the the biggest things you need in your favor. If you can't leave your blind set up for a week at a time so the deer get "used" to it, you will have to try and set it up in a hidden area. Such as nestling it between cedar trees so that you may only be able to use the front windows. If you can't nestle it between trees, maybe you can drag fallen brush to hide it. If you are setting out for the day of hunt, try and get downwind of where you anticipate deer approaching from. If you are setting it up for a week or two, try setting it up for a south wind for earlier season, it seems to me a southern wind is fairly common the first few weeks of season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one set up between a couple of hedge apple trees that I'll only hunt with a south wind. Had a monster buck come in there last year. the area behind me is a wheat field, so there is little to no chance anything will come behind me. I cut the tree branches away, so that when it gets windy, the limbs don't scrape on the blind. Haven't really brushed it in.....never have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom