Guided New Mexico Bull Elk Hunt Raffle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Boys, Here it is........ The Okla Youth Hunting Program is offering another raffle. You all have heard the stories from OklahomaBassin, Dennis Hoddy, Tha Edge and myself about our elk hunts this year to the private ranch near Eagle Nest,New Mexico. We are offering the following:All expense paid guided rifle bull elk hunt with Tomahawk Outfitters (www.tomahawkoutfitters.com) for 1 hunter on October 27 - 31, 2012. The hunter will arrive in camp on October 26th and depart on the morning of November 1st. The successful winner will be responsible for his travel expense to and from Eagle Nest, New Mexico and meat processing. The travel time to Eagle Nest from Oklahoma City is 10 hours by way of Boise City.
We pay for your hunt,taxes,and non resident hunting licenses. You are responsible for the guide tip.

The hunter success ratio for Fall 2011 was 92% for a 5 X 6 and better. The 8% were 2 hunters that missed their bulls under 200 yards. Nuff said. The bulls that the guide will allow to be shot will score 280 and up. The bulls will weigh around 750 pounds and up.

This hunt is 1 guide per 2 hunters.

Tickets are $20.00 each or 3 for $50.00.

Tickets are available this weekend at our Booth at The Mid South Show in Bixby,Okla and they will be available at our booth at The Backwoods Show in Okla City next weekend.

Tickets will be available also from Oklahomabassin, Roosta7a,Dennis Hoddy,myself, Huckleberry 75, and Tha Edge. A few more outlets will be available soon. The tickets will be sent to these guys first of next week. Call them or pm them to reserve your tickets now.

The raffle will close July 1 with the drawing to be by July 9th. The later date is to allow last minute tickets sales to be mailed in. We do not want to miss anyone.

Fellas, this is one heck of a deal. If you thought you could not afford a dream hunt of a lifetime for a big bull well here is your chance.

The proceeds from this raffle fund our efforts to take more children, age 12 thru 17 from non - hunting families, on their first deer hunt. Become a volunteer and join the experience of a lifetime sharing your love of hunting with a young person. I guarantee you it will bring tears into your eyes after just one weekend.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a deal!!!

This is exciting news. Somebody will get a Bull Elk Hunt for the cost of a steak dinner.

I will have tickets in the Clinton, Cordell, Elk City, Weatherford area. PM me with contact information and I will meet up to sell you tickets.

5 of us that frequent OSA hunted (non guided) on of the ranches the outfitter has. We were successful and saw 100s of Elk. My heart thumped my chest when I saw 2 nice 6x6 bulls at 150 yards. They are magnificent animals. You will not be disappointed in the hunt or your harvest opportunities. Look at some of the pics in the post that was started back in January. Great Elk Hunt

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those two bulls that we saw were known by the outfitter. He said they were in the 330 to 340 inch class. They have been, or ones just like them, have stayed close to the ranch headquarters for 2 years. The bulls that have been harvested are 6 X 6, 6 x 7 and an occasional 5 x 6. The 5 x 6 must be an exceptional one or the outfitter will not reccomend it be harvested. The outfitter is selectively harvesting these big bulls and managing the herd. I have had several lenghthy discussions with him about managing the herds in this area. He harvests just a little of the cream so that each year there are plenty of mature bulls left for breeding and next years trophies. He is a good steward of the resource. I,personally, am interested in some of his other hunts such as trophy mulies and pronghorn. We saw a nice 5 X 5 mulie buck on this ranch while we were there. The herd of mulies has been growing each year on this ranch. The mulies are off limits currently to hunters.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody in the North Central Part of the state that needs a ticket, let me know. I'll make sure you get one. It will be a great hunt with very good accommodations.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Chickasha, Lindsay, Lawton, Cyril, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, Elmore City, Maysville area if anyone needs tickets.

You can also send any of us your address by PM. We can mail out tickets, and you mail back the funds. If your check doesn't show up, the tickets don't go in the bucket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom