Gun Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody once told me that the #1 rule of buying a safe is to buy bigger than you think you need. Determine what features you want, and for my money, the safes that have the rifle racks on the inside of the door are fantastic!

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody once told me that the #1 rule of buying a safe is to buy bigger than you think you need. Determine what features you want, and for my money, the safes that have the rifle racks on the inside of the door are fantastic!

I hear ya, I am planning to check out SCI in Catoosa just haven't had the time yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because when the safe manufacturers say that its a 20 gun safe, its all sized to the smallest guns possible to put in there. Add bolt guns, scopes, etc that add bulk to a gun, that number typically goes down by half.
Double what they say.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have an expensive gun safe but I chose to get one without the electronic key pad. I saw a guy open one with a little battery. Anyway, I located my combination safe in a closet that would be hard to swing any hammer or tool. Have it anchored to floor (poured foundation) and wall. If someone wanted to get into it, they would have to have time, tools and knowledge of where it's at and that it's there.
The best safe is keeping your mouth shut and not showing it to anyone. Just like it's not a great idea for everyone and their dog know you have valuable guns in your home.
Most thieves are in for opportunity and quick grab and go unless they know what they are going for.
Any safe is better than no safe but location, securing and secrecy will make it safer.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have an expensive gun safe but I chose to get one without the electronic key pad. I saw a guy open one with a little battery. Anyway, I located my combination safe in a closet that would be hard to swing any hammer or tool. Have it anchored to floor (poured foundation) and wall. If someone wanted to get into it, they would have to have time, tools and knowledge of where it's at and that it's there.
The best safe is keeping your mouth shut and not showing it to anyone. Just like it's not a great idea for everyone and their dog know you have valuable guns in your home.
Most thieves are in for opportunity and quick grab and go unless they know what they are going for.

I completly agree.
Any safe is better than no safe but location, securing and secrecy will make it safer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom