Guns and Gear from SHOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran across this today.
One person's tour of SHOT and what is new for 2018 in guns and gear.
The AMT Auto Mag got my attention but no link to it in the blog.
Had one years ago, and was one of the only guns I ever sold. Everybody has a price I guess, and the guy wanted it more than I did.
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2018/

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Of interest to me:
Suppressor ready M&P 2.0
ReX Alpha
Archon Type B (Rebooted Arsenal Strike 1)
Sig P365 (VERY interested in this)
Suppressor ready P10C
Ruger Precision Rimfire
Ruger PCC9
Ruger American Ranch/Predator AR-Mag versions for 5.56/.300blk/6.5G

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen so far that interested me is the Archon Strike B, but you'll never find one in a LGS and Id hate to buy one and end up hating it

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ruger Precision Rimfire and PC Carbine are already in the market with a few range reports available. I'd like to try out both.
The Tikka T1x rimfire made an impression on at least one Industry Day guest that fired it and posted on Snipers Hide. T1 reported to not be available for a few more months.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ruger PCC has an insert to use the Glock mags. It would be very easy for a manufacturer to make a break down model for different calibers and then make an insert for mag loading?
Nikita was talking out the Precision Rimfire. My response was in reference to it, not the PCC. Several of the PCC reviewers believe that the PCC will be easily converted to other calibers. I hope so, would like to have one in 45 ACP.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Changing barrels looks simple enough but I'm not sure about accommodating magazines.

I'm still trying to find out if the action length is different for the American Rimfire .22lr vs .22WMR/.17HMR. I need to make a run to a gun shop and see if they have both standard and magnums to compare.

The Ruger PCC has an insert to use the Glock mags. It would be very easy for a manufacturer to make a break down model for different calibers and then make an insert for mag loading?

Nikita was talking out the Precision Rimfire. My response was in reference to it, not the PCC. Several of the PCC reviewers believe that the PCC will be easily converted to other calibers. I hope so, would like to have one in 45 ACP.

I'm not sure who "Nikita" is :D, but he is correct that that's what I was talking about.

However, Hoddy has a good point. If you could get a new front end for the PCC in a different caliber, then just swap bolt head and mag (if necessary). .357 Sig, 10mm, and .45acp would all be great in this.

I also had the wild thought of if the action length is long enough, could you make an insert for a Coonan mag and have a .357 Mag semi-auto carbine?!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom