gunshow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$600 Glock 19? Are you sure that you didn't stumble into Bass Pro Shops by mistake?

Did Gunworld have a table? Were the guys there wearing eye patches and carrying cutlasses on their hips? They'd fit right in.

$600 G19. One must wonder how many they sold at that price. One wonders. One doesn't want to know less one become totally disenchanted with one's opinion regarding the intelligence of your typical Okie.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$600 Glock 19? Are you sure that you didn't stumble into Bass Pro Shops by mistake?

Yea, I don't shop Bass Pro either...lol I was talking to one of the dealers that I see alot, and he was laughing at the guy's prices. Like I said, I go for parts and little things. I use to go looking for guns. I get tired of the old "Well my book shows that your Glock is worth $350" while you look at the one in worse shape on his table for $500. I think if the tables are cheaper, you would get more individuals with tables. That seems to be where you get the deals. I don't mind paying a fair price for something, but I don't like the "lets see if he is stupid first" that some of the dealers use. It is not all dealers. Just some.
I guess it make a person really appreciate people like Steve at Cold Hand Arms, and Outdoor America who can "most times" beat any price and don't charge you $12 to look at an over priced item.
With that being said, when I go most times, it is just to look and run into people that I see at the shows. I have met alot of good people there and several OSA members. I was happy yesterday finding the mags I bought. I just hate to see someone drive along way to pay $12, if they are looking for a gun. Its best to call around and see what the local guys will sale them for first. I might go back today for a bit, because a guys said he would hook me up with some extra detents and springs at a good price. Just do't want anyone to take it wrong. I just try to help out my fellow OSAers.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have came across some pretty good deals from individuals at the gun show. I've learned to never go expecting to find a diamond in the rough. Mostly, I just enjoy the atmosphere and talking to some of the vendors that I've came to know through the years. It's always nice to meet other fellow OSAers at the show in order to get a visual of who you are chatting with.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
kings guns from cushing is there ,they have some good price's. i bought a kahr cm9 from them for $399.99 and a sig p250 subcompact for $339.99. everyone else wanted $450+ on the cm9 and $500 + for the sig

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The prices differences really amaze me as well. I believe some people charge more because they sell them as used with no paperwork to cater to all of those who can't pass a background check.:lookaroun I've seen LCPs new for $279 and used for $340.:ooh2:

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an idea: Say you pay $12 to get into the show, you buy something for $100 or more, why not give you $6.00 back when you exit?

On another note I dislike tables that do not have prices posted at all. Rather than wasting time, I just keep going.

One more: The shows always advertise 1200 tables. Has anyone ever counted them all? I seriously doubt there are that many. Can we get a discount if not?

Last one: It seems that every Sunday evening when the show ends at let's say 4:00 some vendors are either fully packed-up or well on their way to it around 3:00- 3:30. Does anyone else think that is rude? At the last show in Tulsa, I didn't get to walk around until late and actually thanked some of the vendors for not packing up early. Refund?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to Wanenmacher's but I noticed they are scheduled for NOVEMBER 12 & 13, 2011. Seeing I live so far away I don't know if I could make it. But hearing people talk about how good it is , I sure want to go.

what is far away? people come to this show from all over the US. and not just dealers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom