Half of Texas Wind Turbines Freeze, Hurting Electricity Output

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I dunno... given the leverage those huge props have on the hub, I find it rather incredible they would freeze up at all. :lookaroun
:drunk2:
I think the problem is icing on the blades. They lose ability to work just like icing on an airplanes wings won't let them provide lift.

If the article is correct and 23% of TX's capacity is in fact from wind, that's what's called an epic cluster****. Somebody should be hung in the town square...

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the problem is icing on the blades. They lose ability to work just like icing on an airplanes wings won't let them provide lift.

If the article is correct and 23% of TX's capacity is in fact from wind, that's what's called an epic cluster****. Somebody should be hung in the town square...
That's like asking how long as Flint been without clean water. Hint: It's ongoing and no one cares. Same thing will happen here even if that is true.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told that those turbines (and the ones here in OK) are supplying California with electricity. Do those turbines supply us or the People's Republic?

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But if all this just saves ...one liberals tear drop...is'nt it worth it....

...just like the "gun safety laws"...it's for the kids .....it's .for the kids, clean air.

You guys must be for toxic waste and ruining the land... anyone wanting to change this would be a environmental "terrorist" and might be environment racism .....I'm sure somehow, someway...someplace...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom