Halloween 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FINALLY! It has cooled down a bit and made my garage workshop habitable again. I have several projects I want to get done besides my usual dungeon with shackles for the kids. I am fabricating some games for the kids to see if they can get more candy. Number one on the list is my version of the old bent wire and loop electronic buzzer game. THe object is to use a handheld loop and pass it from one end of the wire to the other without the buzzer going off when you touch the wire.

Here is my schematic I drew up.
View attachment 508861

I haven't completed it yet, I'm still locating pieces and parts from my shop. I'm testing components one at a time for proof of concept then adding them to the relays. There will be a piano bench with a discarded carpet vacuum motor attached. It has an eccentric to make the bench vibrate. Then there are some el cheapo car horns I have on a 12 V 30 AH battery concealed in a drawer in the side table which holds the wire game. I am making the wires exchangeable in complexity to accommodate small kids to teens.

I also want to build a PLINKO game using 3 inch plastic checkers or poker type chips. I'm going to source the chips first so I can then size the board layout to the chips.

Another one is Splat The Rat.

I want to make my house a destination for Halloween instead of a stop for another piece of candy.

View attachment 508862
What area of the city are you in, Id love to bring my wild gypsy spawn over. They love this kind of stuff especially on Halloween.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Got the buzzer game finished!

The kids sit on the piano bench and manipulate the wand throughout the wire maze. The piano bench has an eccentric motor that vibrates the bench and a car horn. The piano bench will have a drape over it and the wires to the game will be covered by carpet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom