Hammered By Ice Storm in Duncan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got our electricity back on after nearly five days of cold and dark.
Fortunately, we had people to count on and all is well now.
I did make a bit of a photo safari and got a few pics of what were once beautiful trees that just won't ever be the same.

Attachments

• DSCF0392.JPG
    DSCF0392.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF0401.JPG
    DSCF0401.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF0404.JPG
    DSCF0404.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF0405.JPG
    DSCF0405.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 185

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could post the exteme opposite of those pics. My aunt emailed me some pictures from a couple of years ago. Showing the intersection at 81 and Elder underwater.

Insane pics. I need to get down to go check out my grand mothers place.

gunlovinokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could post the exteme opposite of those pics. My aunt emailed me some pictures from a couple of years ago. Showing the intersection at 81 and Elder underwater.

Insane pics. I need to get down to go check out my grand mothers place.

Dad finally bought a gennie.

And he was in that storm w/ Elder underwater....CRAZY!

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finally got our electricity back on after nearly five days of cold and dark.
Fortunately, we had people to count on and all is well now.
I did make a bit of a photo safari and got a few pics of what were once beautiful trees that just won't ever be the same.

Wish I had the same good news. No power since Thursday. This is getting real depressing. Luckily I got a generator yesterday so at least I have heat and internet now at home.
Our store still has no power, who nows when it will happen. This is the crazies power grid I have ever seen most of Our neighbors have power but not me. There is a one strech block on Hwy 81 w/o and of course SMF Solutions is in that damn block. Oh well maybe tommorrow will be better

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the crazies power grid I have ever seen

That is for sure. My power came back on Friday night, but my next door neighbor did not get his back until Monday night.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those still without power and to those working to restore it.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My power came on late thursday night and I have had it ever since. My parents live about a mile from me and they still don't have it. Same story for the inlaws, so I have a house full now!

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I still have no power at home, but there is some good news. We just got power at the store a couple of hours ago, so SMF Solutions will be open at 9:00 in the morning.
Hope for power at home tommorrow!

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I still have no power at home, but there is some good news. We just got power at the store a couple of hours ago, so SMF Solutions will be open at 9:00 in the morning.
Hope for power at home tommorrow!

I work in Marlow at Wilco Machine & Fabrication. We've taken a hard hit there and the latest news from the offices is that we may be off work all this week.

My wife works at the Goodwill store and they just got news tonight to report for work tomorrow, so things are getting better.

If SMF is open tomorrow, I'll drop in for a short visit.

Two power companies here in Duncan; there's Duncan Power and Light, and then there is Public Service Company of Oklahoma. PSO seems to have weathered the storm better than DP&L.

Our son has PSO and had his juice back on Friday, so the wife and I at least had a place to stay with electric lights and good heat until our DP&L power came back on Sunday afternoon.

J.C. Kerns

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy to hear that things are improving. The town I work for, Siloam Springs, Arkansas, sent three trucks and crews to Duncan to help get the power back on. We got a lot of help last year from Oklahoma crews after our ice storm. I don't think that any of them were from Duncan or other towns that were hit hard this time. Doesn't matter. Help came when we needed it, and we're just glad to be in a position to give some back.

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its a miracle, I have power at home. You never realize how good you have it until its gobe. Went almost a week (1 day short) w/o power. Thank goodness its over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom