Handgun Brands Ranked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think 90% of semi-auto problems can be traced to the magazines. I have a Garcia 380 that most of you would not carry if they payed you to. When I got it, it had 9 mags with it. With a good mag it never misses a beat. With a bad mag it jams every other round.
Now like most 380s it will not feed HP ammo reliably but I would have been shocked if it did. So I carry with a HP in the chamber and FMJ in the mag.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think 90% of semi-auto problems can be traced to the magazines. I have a Garcia 380 that most of you would not carry if they payed you to. When I got it, it had 9 mags with it. With a good mag it never misses a beat. With a bad mag it jams every other round.
Now like most 380s it will not feed HP ammo reliably but I would have been shocked if it did. So I carry with a HP in the chamber and FMJ in the mag.

The wife's Sig P238 will eat anything I've fed it, including 4 or 5 different kinds of HP's. However, I only have Sig brand mags for it.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno about Kimbers other than mine and some friends.

I bought mine over 20 years ago and it hasn't given me any problems or broken any parts, it runs as well or better, mostly better, than any of the Colts or Springfields I've owned. It came with probably the best out of the box trigger I've seen on a non custom pistol. No rust on mine, I didn't know that was a problem.

If someone had told me 2 years ago that a Turkish made Canik would turn out to be one of my favorite pistols I would have thought they were insane. I have put about 2500 rounds through it in the last year and had 0 malfunctions, I have cleaned it once. It is more accurate than I can shoot (pretty much every pistol is). Nothing has broken and the plate for the RDS hasn't given me any problems, I'm happy. I wouldn't hesitate a second to make it my CCW pistol if it was smaller I wasn't such a Glock fanboy.

Last edited:

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love how this thread devolved into the typical "Kimber sucks! - No they don't!" discussion that we've all heard countless times before.

Now we just need a thread discussing the best caliber for the imminent bear attacks across the country, and maybe one or two talking about how 9mm is totally the way to go because "improvements", and we could cap it off with how Glocks are soulless and therefore worthy of contempt.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, Kimber all the way down there with Taurus and Kel-Tec. SMH. That’s what happens when you start cutting costs and outsourcing jobs. Colt and Steyr would be trading places with FN and S&W if I had any input. If you’re including Wilson Combat, then you might as well add Ed Brown, Les Baer, Nighthawk Custom, and Cabot into the mix too. Bersa was a bit of a surprise to see in their spot. They make inexpensive guns like Canik but they’re also pretty good like Canik. I think my next handgun purchase will be a Bersa TPR9 full size. They’ve had some great reviews and can be had for around $350 NIB. I would have added Girsan, SAR, and Tisas/SDS into the mix. These are Turkish companies like Canik that are building awesome pistols at stupid cheap prices. I would have also added Arex, Armscor/RIA, Magnum Research/BUL Armory, and EAA/IFG Tanfoglio. I was glad to see my two favorite brands, CZ and Walther, both sitting in their rightful spots. SIG and HK are my other two favorites but the two mentioned before are slightly better IMO.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love how this thread devolved into the typical "Kimber sucks! - No they don't!" discussion that we've all heard countless times before.

Now we just need a thread discussing the best caliber for the imminent bear attacks across the country, and maybe one or two talking about how 9mm is totally the way to go because "improvements", and we could cap it off with how Glocks are soulless and therefore worthy of contempt.
But everybody knows Glocks are soulless! Also, how the heck did I end up in bold?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
kek tec should be higher.

s-tier walther (who i'm cool with, love walther) is copying them with their hi cap .22 wmr semi auto. in fact, lots of s-tier companies have copied kek tec in recent years, so they've gotta be doing something right.

i mean, at least they *try* to make something different every now and then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom