Harbor Freight goes Gun Free

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they stand against my right to carry legally, They stand against my money being spent there. Been fighting 7-11 and Langstons fro the same reason. I wont spend 1 red cent in a place that doesn't want me there.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Camo.

New guy.

Read all the posts. Read the link. Harbor Freight did not say that. It was one guy, a manager at one as I recall, that did. Harbor Freight then released a statement saying that is NOT their policy, and that it was okay to carry in their stores.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love harbor freight and I love it when the cashier ask if you want the warrenty on the tool you just bought for next to nothing. I always laugh and say, "heck if it breaks in a year I'll just buy an new one". My closest HF is in Sherman Texas and there is not sign barring open or concealed carry. No sign saying anything.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems the first comment might have been from a single individual expressing his individual opinion while the second clarification was most likely posted as corporate policy. I suspect they took a look at their customer base and though about not having a ladies shoe store type clientele. I read them to be like Wal-Mart, we will follow the local jurisdiction laws. To me, you can not ask for more.

Yes, their stuff is not "Professional" grade, but nether am I. If I were going to use something on a daily basis this is not where I would shop. Most of the stuff I buy there gets used once or twice for a particular project then gets thrown on the shelf to have later if I need it for something else some day. I figure most of it will last as long as I do. I have tools that perform functions I would have made do without if I would have had to pay for a quality one.

If you occasionally have family or friends over to shoot, take a look at their $15 electronic ear protectors. You can hold a normal conversation easily while shooting and they block shot sounds pretty well. Did I mention the free flashlight or the free volt meter most every trip? Not high quality, but better than nothing.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If they stand against my right to carry legally, They stand against my money being spent there. Been fighting 7-11 and Langstons fro the same reason. I wont spend 1 red cent in a place that doesn't want me there.
I've carried in Langstons many times with no issues. At least the MWC location.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, their stuff is not "Professional" grade, but nether am I. If I were going to use something on a daily basis this is not where I would shop. Most of the stuff I buy there gets used once or twice for a particular project then gets thrown on the shelf to have later if I need it for something else some day. I figure most of it will last as long as I do. I have tools that perform functions I would have made do without if I would have had to pay for.

Some of their tools are "professional grade", I use them and I am a professional. And they also have some that are a waste of time carrying out the door. You just have to be selective and if it looks like crap, it might be. I bought a set of 3/4"drive impact sockets 14 years ago and they still work as good as new and saved me over $1000 on the Snap-on truck. The $11 angle grinder lasted through 11 years of rough use, and that free multimeter, lasts me on average 3 years but works as good as my Fluke meter for what I use it for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom