Hate Speech Hysteria at the University of Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...h_hysteria_at_the_university_of_oklahoma.html

In March of 2015, people across the U.S. were shocked to see a video showing two members of the University of Oklahoma SAE fraternity chanting racial epithets. The reaction of the OU administration was swift and draconian. The offending students were expelled without due process and the entire SAE house was immediately shuttered. Legal scholars, writing in the Washington Post and USA Today, described the university's actions as a violation of the student's First Amendment rights. As Eugene Volokh noted, "racist speech is constitutionally protected." Solely as a result of this incident, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) named OU as one of the ten worst colleges in the U.S. for free speech. Greg Lukianoff, President of FIRE, singled out OU as the most intolerant of all institutions because its actions were taken as a signal by other universities that they could "toss freedom of speech and basic fairness out of the window."

Racial tensions on the OU campus have not subsided. They remain high, and if anything, are now more pronounced than before the 2015 SAE incident. The campus is in the grip of a collective hysteria. The largest single factor driving campus tensions is the student newspaper, the OU Daily. The Daily is perhaps the worst newspaper in the country, college or otherwise. In recent years it has degenerated into a publication entirely devoted to promoting radical left-wing ideology. The newspaper staff sees racism, homophobia, islamophobia, xenophobia, inequity, and social injustice everywhere. In 2014, the OU Daily became the laughingstock of the nation for an article claiming that nude-colored women's underwear was racist.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The SAE incident was handled in the politically correct manner. Two jack offs start singing a racist tune and their national office pulled their charter and then the school booted them for the optics. Only two members who were new members were involved.

I am an SAE (not from OSU) and at my chapter AND at any chapter I know those two guys would have been told to STFU and got a beating. Problem is the SAE's stopped pledging to stop hazing so any redneck beatoff can have mom and dad write a check and they are in with no vetting.

Seems like playing the "race card" is part of the college curriculum these days. At the University of Wisconsin (and probably other schools) they are offering courses that deal with the "Problem With Whiteness".

To point, the irony is that they are playing to "race" by denigrating race .... really not much different than the message from the folks at Black Lives Matter.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
racial healing.jpg

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most countries around the world focus on differences by socio-economic-status, but america (sic) focuses on differences by race...we suck.

Seems to me the left-progressives are the ones focusing on race, I'd say they suck.

Well said.

I agree with your reply because progressives … when they are not giving weak handed reach-arounds or molesting small farm animals … have a chronic need to point their **** encrusted phalanges at those that oppose their flawed ideological bend and whine “racist”.

They suck not just because they are habitual whiners or that they likely had bed wetting issues through the ninth grade. They suck because they fail to do any honest research because they are pathetic ______ (fill in the blank) cowards. If they did do a modicum of honest research they would find a mirror to be politically inconvenient.

Someone else posted this a few months ago and with a slight edit to add an honest twist, it is worth sharing (and a good LMAO) …

The DEMOCRAT* platform still (i.e., today; currently) has policies that are prejudicial and discriminatory in regard to brown and black people, and typically does not acknowledge institutional racism in our system; whereas the REPUBLICAN* platform promotes policies that attempt to reduce prejudice and discrimination in regard to brown and black people, and typically acknowledges institutional racism in our system.”

*Edit mine … I flipped the parties for the sake of accuracy.

Since this likely crapped out the attention span of those on this forum that are progressively challenged, here is something that they might understand.

:pokeowned

:thumbup3:

Last edited by a moderator:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. It is far superior to discriminate against poor people regardless of race.
Another aspect of this is we (i.e., americans) often describe our differences as racial differences, when they are actually socio-economic-status differences. This is rather easy to demonstrate empirically, and I've published some work in this area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom