Have you ever had a good "boss"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes

eta: I had 7 different top bosses at my last job. They all absolutely sucked and were morons. Part of it was nobody good wanted to take on the challenge of fixing the crap hole. So the employees got tired of the lame bosses and just started fixing all the screwed up stuff ourselves. This led to conflict and confusion. Which only slowed the process down. But by the time I had retired it was one of the premier operations in the USA and probably the world. Due 100% to the employees who cared.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes many fortunately. Actually only one bad one that I can recall. I will say I get along with 99% of people anyway, so some of those that I say were good, there were some that the majority of the employees didn't like.

The one bad one was just on a mission to come in and change things for the sake of changing things, was 110% full of themself, knew everything, always had a better idea, took credit for what others suggested, I could go on, etc. Fortunately they were sent on their way before the masses jumped ship.

I can remember a friend of my dad's telling me as a teen when looking for jobs, "make sure you interview them while they're interviewing you." Have to say, that's been a life saver more than once.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and it really changed the direction of my career. People management is hard, generally harder than whatever job you have to do and even harder if the people are mismanaged. you have to play each employee to their strengths and weaknesses and understand they were human. You can't force people, you have to make them want to work for you. Generally I am well respected by employees, and I love my team and listen to them. However there is always one who is usually lazy and stupid, constantly complains and blames the boss for everything. This person also n tends to think they are smarter than everyone, I had one who said he didn't "read to good because his teachers were too stupid to teach him right" If bad employee can't be fixed he needs to be encouraged to move on as he usually brings down moral of the whole team.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I have been fortunate at my current job that we have good leadership from the top down including my direct supervisor and manager, it’s one of the reasons I stay with my company even though I could probably make a bit more elsewhere

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current boss is very good. Unfortunately he’s retiring in August. My past experience is that when the boss leaves or is fired, everything goes to hell. Great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom