Hawke Optics Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody have any knowledge of Hawke Optics. I am looking at mounting one of there scopes on my M1A to use for hog hunting. Some day light hunting and some night time spot light permitted hog hunting. The scout scope set up I have right now, is awesome for day time use, but in low light, there is too much distance between the optic and my eye and the "scope picture" is drowned out. I bought a Basset mount to mount a scope in the more traditional position.
This is the scope I am looking at. I like the 30mm tube, and the objective is small enough that it will fit with the low base. The 1.5-6 power range should fit nicely. I can use lower power for quick shots, and zoom in a little more, if I need to be more precise.
Hawke Endurance

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard anything "point plank bad" about Hawke, but it is a Chinese scope, so in reviews there is always wiggle room for excuses and pardons.
For couple hundred more you can buy VX3 Leupold with all the same features and no questions (about quality, country of origin, warranty, etc).