HB3354 - It's not over! Second veto-override vote coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. What was NRA's stance on the issue? I've been a member for years, but if they weren't squarely behind this effort I'll have to re-think that.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. What was NRA's stance on the issue? I've been a member for years, but if they weren't squarely behind this effort I'll have to re-think that.

I had the same question....so I called the NRA-ILA on May 10th...read below for their response. DirtyDawg.

Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:13 PM
To: All of my friends
Subject: the NRA is taking a "neutral stance" on HB 3354 Open Carry
Importance: High

I recently met Michael Phillips and Kristiana Cupp with the NRA-ILA (institute for legislative affairs). They were working the booth at the entrance to the Wanemacher Gun Show a few weeks ago asking folks to join the NRA. My conversation began with "I did not renew my membership with the NRA because they compromise & fail to get involved with 2nd Amendment issues". Overall, we had a very good conversation but I refused to join the NRA because I cannot support an organization that campaigns on being an advocate for 2nd amendment rights, but fails or compromises my rights away.

Well...with HB3354 sitting on the governor's desk and no endorsement to my knowledge by the NRA, I called my Michael & Kristiana to find out why the NRA has not rallied their members for support.

Knowing some history on the NRA, I shouldn't have been surprised, but, I was shocked when I was told by the assistant to Ashley Garner (NRA-ILA rep assigned to Oklahoma) that "the NRA is taking a neutral stance on this legislation until Governor Henry announces his decision!!"

She went on to say that the NRA will not be contacting any of its members in Oklahoma until Governor Henry makes his decision. My response was "Why isn't the NRA rallying its members to contact their legislators & Governor Henry to sign this bill into law?" All she could say was "we are taking a neutral stance"

I'll let the NRA members decide their actions, but I can only hope that you call the NRA and ask for support to get this legislation signed into law.

Krisitiana Cupp (grassroots coordinator) can be contacted at 703-267-1194 or [email protected]

If we citizens don't participate in this experiment of self-governance, it will surely fail and fall into a dictatorship. Please share this with all of your friends that rely upon the NRA to represent them on issues concerning restoration of the 2nd Amendment and gun laws. We need to immediately apply pressure to get the NRA to endorse this bill that is sitting on the Governor’s desk.

DirtyDawg

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have always let Midway round up to the next dollar for the NRA. I ordered some stuff the other day and checked the no round up box. I'm a life member and that is the last money they will get from me until they pull their head out and support the entire 2nd.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent the NRA a letter asking why they refused to take a stance on a 2A issue and the only response I got was that the would respond. Almost a week later and still no response. I will not renew when my membership expires and they will know why.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Giving the oklahoma delegation a pass on the veto ovride vote saying"you don't have to worry about you ratings"is a telling example if how useless and irrelevant an NRA rating is.Sadly the hardcore pro 2A Neal Knox wing of the NRA is long gone and sadly missing.Just likethe William F Buckly:teach: wing has taken over the conservative movement and abandoning the John Burk wing.:boxing3:Unfortunately I'm a paid up lifetime member so my avenues of protest is kinda limited other than cutting my card in half and mailing it back to them postage due :angry3:

OkieOutlaw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Emails sent to all that were listed. However I have spoken to my representave Samson Buck on several occasions lately ( He was one of those that has refused to even vote either time it has been presented) Although he claims to be a concealed carry permit holder he states that he is NOT for this bill and continues to not show any support for its passage or override.(No vote or political support for him next time) He proposed trying to change the concealed carry laws next term. ( Like I can really believe him. LMAO.) I think the only way we can ever get this passed is to carefully watch the next vote and if these guys continue to not support us then we all need to vote them out of office and let them join the millions of others in the unemployment line. When is the next election for these bums anyway?:rant:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Email sent to all reps to man up and stand their ground! Please send if you haven't already.

As far as NRA membership goes, I agree with many sentiments expressed here, but I WILL retain membership and will only send them membership money (not a dime more). While they don't support everything, let's not forget we are on the same team and they do support issues like CC and workplace parking. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If the NRA loses members, politicians may take that as a signal that 2A does not matter to the voters. Then we will really see freedoms being legally obstructed. The fact that the NRA has several million members matters a lot in DC. We need to keep those numbers up. It's the only language our beloved politicians understand (votes and money).

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Email sent to all reps to man up and stand their ground! Please send if you haven't already.

As far as NRA membership goes, I agree with many sentiments expressed here, but I WILL retain membership and will only send them membership money (not a dime more). While they don't support everything, let's not forget we are on the same team and they do support issues like CC and workplace parking. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If the NRA loses members, politicians may take that as a signal that 2A does not matter to the voters. Then we will really see freedoms being legally obstructed. The fact that the NRA has several million members matters a lot in DC. We need to keep those numbers up. It's the only language our beloved politicians understand (votes and money).

I agree with your sentiments on the NRA. I am a life member so I do not have any dues, but I still believe the gun community should at least be a standard member of the NRA. Lets not cut our nose off to spite our face.

With that said, I encourage everyone to join the Gun Owners of America as they are more "absolute" in their 2nd amendment support which is something I strongly advocate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom