Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a mini dvr recorder set up yet for my thermal scope. Recorded using a mini DVR on an old digital night vision scope.

Great video. The music takes it over the top!

Wish I could afford a thermal. I'll just have to make do with my HD NV for now. The piggies left my place anyway. That's probably a good thing but still makes me ---> :(

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old man went out this afternoon and ear holed a 100# gilt at 150 yards. Pretty happy with him. He took care of the pig on his own and made a great shot. The shot makes me happiest as he had to learn to shoot left handed and using his left eye a few years ago because of a medical issue with his right eye.
IMG_3158.jpg

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 more head shots, 2 less hogs. 1 sow, 1 boar.
I took a buddy hunting that has been begging to go. He has an "AR 10 that will take care of the hogs". I gave instructions pre hunt that we would pick out a couple of the big ones to shoot and count down to fire. I didn't want to go western (he doesn't believe in the benefits of a suppressor) on em and dump a bunch of rounds so I can continue picking a few off this spot.

About 20-25 hogs came in and they were huddled in about a 15' diameter hole that must have something they really like there. It was tough for both of us (him) to have a good shot at the same time. Finally as the smaller hogs were run off, we had our chance. 1-2-Choo-Thump "#×$/ I don't know what happened, my gun didn't fire!" I said well my hog is down. I saw 4 or 5 hogs still standing around wondering what happened and I centered the cross hairs on another head. Choo-Thump another hog dropped. I could have shot another but didn't want to mess with more pigs on a night before working the next day. His gun wasn't in battery. His son posed for the pic.

20200525_004623.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom