Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wind helped it feel cooler and the lightening in the sky was beautiful. Another pile going wee wee wee!
20240523_221942.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working at @Hirschkopf place on Wednesday getting a site ready to plant food plots, and I ran over a relatively fresh dead deer carcass with my brush mower. I pushed it out of the way up against an old brush pile. After I got the work done and was back at his barn eating lunch, he texted me that pigs were back at his protein feeder right after I left, and in our “conversation”, he expressed that he was having trouble with grass in front of his cameras. I had some RM43 and a pump up sprayer with me and offered to help with that problem. Since I had already seen a pig earlier and knew they might still be in the area, I took my combo gun with me in the skid steer to go spray. As I pulled up at his corn feeder, I could see pigs near the protein feeder, so I used some trails I had mowed to make a 250ish yard stalk to get a clear shot at them. I couldn’t get closer than about 90 yards, and I could see they were bunched up but couldn’t tell what they were doing. I didn’t have a rest, so I got prone to make the shot. There was a big pig with a smaller one in front of her, so I aimed a little low to see if I could kill both, and when I pulled the trigger, three pigs dropped. The big sow was DRT, but I had just spined the other two and had to give them a cootergraw.
I’ve debated about telling this part of the story, but I believe it’s kind of a PSA for those that like to or think they might like to eat wild pig. The reason those pigs were grouped up is because they were eating on the hind quarter of the dead deer carcass.🤢
IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1206.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom