Heartland Match SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There WILL be a match this Sunday night at Heartland Outdoors.

4 great stages are planned, one of which is.......verrrrrrrrry challenging....... and you'll see something you've probably never seen at a local (or major) match ever. (in my 20+ yrs of shooting 100's of matches, I've only seen this challenge once.)......and that was without the twist I have in mind. :D

Just sayin........

I'd like to get a head count, since we have the Pro-Am concluding on Sunday and I suspect a lot of guys will be pretty spent after being outside in the heat that long. (Remember, Heartland is climate controlled!)

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When: 3rd Sunday Night of each month.
Signup: Starts 5:30

Match Type: Handgun only. IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 50 – 70 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .38 spl/9mm or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Competition Only guns or gear.
Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with IDPA-like scoring. (Targets are impenetrable. Otherwise, it's IDPA)

Divisions:
Low Cap = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.

Limited to first 40 shooters!

Cost: $20

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can people come watch?

I'm sure you could, but you'll be upset if you don't shoot. This was my second time and I am hooked!

We need more shooters to come out though.

I'll admit that I was very nervous about making a fool of myself the first time...and I did...but it was fine. Showed me that I wasn't near as good a shot as I thought I was. Feel like I did much better this time. If I could just hit that moving target. :(

BIG :thanku: to David E and Heartland Outdoors for putting this together!

Latest posts

Top Bottom