Heartland Match SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us have other things to do than memorize the match dates... (cough) (jesse) (cough) (cough)
By other things you better mean shooting! I have every match setup in my Outlook calendar. Every Thursday it reminds me when and where I can be shooting the next weekend. I'd be happy to add you to the event reminder if you like?

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just meant I wish there was a thread started sooner than just a couple days before the match. Some of us have other things to do than memorize the match dates...

The match dates for the Heartland Match won't change, unless there is a holiday on the 3rd Sunday.

One reason I haven't started a thread sooner than about the Monday or Tuesday before the match is I don't want to step on the toes of the other matches being posted and discussed on this forum.

For example, H&H shoots the 2nd Sunday. If I make my match announcement prior to the 2nd Sunday, it takes away from the H&H match chat that is usually going on, bumping my match announcement lower on the list of topics......unless I make a current post to bump the H&H thread lower, putting my match announcement back at the top.......and it goes back and forth until the H&H match is over. Or, I make my match announcement during H&H's announcement and mine is lost to the depths of the undiscussed topics and folks won't be able to find it.

Plus, it could cause confusion as to what match is going to do what.

As a result, I won't post about my match until the H&H match is over and most of the "after-action" reports are done.

I did make a match announcement for the August match, but I suspect I'll have to resurrect it from somewhere on page 4 or 5 when the match finally rolls around.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may make it.... shot a lot over the years... but have not been in any "matches" in eons.

Thats the down side to having a endless supply of paper plates, few neighbors and plenty of wire fence to pin the paper too.

Gonna do a snub nosed-pocket gun stage??

Latest posts

Top Bottom